Abbey Sunderland

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2010
      This is just part of an exchange that took off on the Grind TV blog about finding the 16yr old alive. What a hoot!

      120 Comments
      Add Comment

      1-20 of 120

      Posted by david brooks June 11, 2010 12:23am PDTReply | Report Abuse

      This is proof that prayer works. I love it.

      Reply by jesse214 June 11, 2010 12:24am PDTReport Abuse

      It's not proof... she was obviously alive and well before you prayed.

      Reply by melkor June 11, 2010 12:28am PDTReport Abuse

      ^ haha. yep. ^

      Reply by peter brydon June 11, 2010 12:30am PDTReport Abuse

      Proof? Are you kidding me? I'm glad she's okay, but prayer has nothing to do with it.

      Reply by andrew hung safabakhsh June 11, 2010 12:30am PDTReport Abuse

      better to believe =)

      Reply by violetjune June 11, 2010 12:30am PDTReport Abuse

      Hahaha, thats no proof at all. How can god-fearing types even believe in proof> Youd have to actually accept that by coming up with a hypothesis and proving it is the SCIENTIFIC METHOD. You guys are the ones going by blind ignorance remember. And if she had died, the bible-thumpers would be saying "It was god's will!", "it was her time to be with god." haha!

      Reply by critterrice June 11, 2010 12:31am PDTReport Abuse

      Riiiiiight. 'Cause Jebus turned the beacon on for her. If this is how you people classify "proof" then I finally understand why you keep calling creation a "theory."

      Reply by violetjune June 11, 2010 12:31am PDTReport Abuse

      She was a skilled sailor and LUCKY.

      Reply by thinkinso June 11, 2010 12:32am PDTReport Abuse

      It really annoys me when the zealots turn everything into an act of God -- I guess God is personally responsible for all the BAD things that happen then, too??

      Reply by heyhihey June 11, 2010 12:32am PDTReport Abuse

      Is this really a testament to prayer, or to the search and rescue teams to do their jobs?

      Reply by brian day June 11, 2010 12:33am PDTReport Abuse

      Then evidently you don't know the power of prayer jesse. Wheather it was David's prayer or John Doe's prayer, God kept her safe..

      Reply by a voice June 11, 2010 12:35am PDTReport Abuse

      Who cares, what ever it was. She survived. its not up to anyone to through their opinion around, geez how did this wonderful discovery of an obviously very brave young woman turn into a topic of theology and atheism. Maybe we should her what she has to say and what she did or did not feel. This is about her not about you

      Reply by miles sharpless June 11, 2010 12:35am PDTReport Abuse

      Prayer never hurts Jesse214. Besides, David Brooks didn't say what kind of prayer. So who knows what religion he is. Prayer is powerful, and been proven to help people. If it's not the work of A God, than maybe it's just knowing that someone is praying for you that helps. I personally believe that God, has a hand in things. I am a Christen..

      Reply by violetjune June 11, 2010 12:36am PDTReport Abuse

      I'm uh.. "praying" that some of these people EVOLVE. Thank TECHNOLOGY, coincidence and excellent sailing skills for this girl making it out alive! She is a strong woman, stronger than any mythical being from story books. She obviously is very talented!

      Reply by stratcat74 June 11, 2010 12:36am PDTReport Abuse

      Prayer is completely irrational.

      Reply by melkor June 11, 2010 12:37am PDTReport Abuse

      god kept my balls safe the other day when i accidentally hit myself with a shopping cart.
      and ya know what i'm gonna do? breed like 10 babies and teach them to worship satan.

      Reply by cruzctrl June 11, 2010 12:38am PDTReport Abuse

      Hey Jesse, when your stranded alone out in the middle of nowhere we will pray for you also! Even if you don't want it. And if you die it wasn't for lack of many people praying, but maybe even though God loves you, maybe God doesn't like you.

      Reply by anthony johnson June 11, 2010 12:41am PDTReport Abuse

      lol...I love how people forget the 100 prayers that weren't answered.

      Gods get credit for answering prayers. But when prayers aren't answered it just wasn't in his plan. God I want God's job. I couldn't do anything wrong!

      Reply by believerochrist June 11, 2010 12:42am PDTReport Abuse

      Wait, Jesse214..... maybe there is a GOD and he just doesn't like those people that he let die in Haiti, or those people down south(tornados), or the 2 girls that Vander Sloot murdered. Clearly he's got a thing for 16 year olds. Maybe that's where the priests get it from?? It's all starting to make sense now. LMAO

      Reply by emilio montwheeler June 11, 2010 12:43am PDTReport Abuse

      damn trolls.. why dose this gotta be a argument about religion, the point being she is safe god or no god...we can be at least grateful for that
    • tigerfan158@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2010
        I prayed there wouldn't be a major oil spill in the Golf of Mexico, since I spend my winters in Florida.  My invisible friend ignored my prayer, so it shows talking to myself isn't worth a damn.

[...]

      • Claude Kadiddlehopper
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2010
          You're both wrong.  I had an allergy attack while mowing the lawn, thereby sneezing into my handkerchief, thereby giving homage to The Great Green Arkleseizure, who shat out a small lightning bolt unto the Earth, which manifested as a blip on a search & rescue radar, thereby guiding them to Abbey.  So there!

          masnomymindisnotforrenttoanygodorgovernment