Fwd: 12 Reasons Why Gay People Should Not Be Allowed to Get Married

  • Freya
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      >12 Reasons Why Gay People Should Not Be Allowed to Get Married
      >
      >1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and
      >birth control.

      >2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children.
      >Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the
      >world needs more children.

      >3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight
      >parents raise only straight children.

      >4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage is
      >allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was
      >meaningful.

      >5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed
      >at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is
      >illegal.

      >6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because
      >the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically
      >protected the rights of the minorities.

      >7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,
      >the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's
      >why we have only one religion in America.

      >8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that
      >hanging around tall people will make you tall.

      >9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy
      >behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has
      >legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

      >10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model
      >at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

      >11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual
      >marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to
      >new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or
      >longer lifespans.

      12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with
      a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution
      is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked
      just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

      - Fearless Freya of Arty Atlanta

      Meet people who share your interests!

      http://www.meetup.com/

      It's free and it's fun!