Hannity takes on Atheism

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27, 2010
    • Green Gator
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 27, 2010
        It is my guess that Bernie Goldberg, who Hannity was interviewing is Jewish, not a Christian.  Yet, he was supporting America as a "Christian nation."  Judaism IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.  Hello everyone......

        Here is my quotes:
        "FAITH WITHOUT PROOF, IS SUPERSTITION."
        Okay, here is another Gatorism:
        "FAITH, IS ACCEPTING AS FACT, SOMETHING YOU KNOW PROBABLY IS NOT TRUE."

        I have no invisible friend floating in the sky watching over me.  Also, if according to the Bible, God created everything.  God must take credit for cancer, polio, AIDS, ALS, MS, birth defects (I have one), influenza, H1N1 flu, head colds, allergies, and all the deadly bacteria on the Planet.  At least we kicked God's ass and MAN created the polio vaccine that eliminated the disease, which killed so many kids when I was a boy.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 28, 2010
            I don't get the "believers" stating that atheists wrongly accept the universe came from nothing.
            Saying some god stated "let there be", and suddenly existence pops into existence, IS saying the universe came from nothing.

            Are they that stupid to not realize this, when using this argument?

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 28, 2010
              Judaism isn't christianity.

              Christianity IS Judaism.  Jesus was a JEW, and anyone that follows what he taught is following the son of a JEWISH god, the Ten commandments are JEWISH laws, and Jesus was crucified for claiming to be whom?  THE JEWISH GOD.  He came to save WHO?  The tribes of Israel.

              Regardless of what you call yourselves, you are an offshoot of JUDIASM.  Your are JEWS not of Jewish blood.

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 29, 2010
                >Jesus was a JEW

                That is true only in biblical fiction where he was a fictional
                character that never existed.
              • Jeff
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 29, 2010
                  Of course, I was working within the myth.

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 29, 2010
                    I am neither.  However, I studied religion for 35 years.  Christianity is a new religion which evolved from Judaism.  For some reasons, Christians continue to believe God is still blessing the Jews as his favorite people.  If that were so, Christians would behoove themselves to convert to Judaism.  You never here a Jewish American say the United States is a "Christian Nation."

                    To be correct, the United States has freedom of religion, which means we should claim no allegiance to any particular faith.  The United States is a nation composed of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Moslems, and numerous cults.

                    I am an Atheist, or to more accurately describe myself, "a non-believer who doesn't accept the existence of a deity."

                    Christianity IS Judaism.  Jesus was a JEW, and anyone that follows what he taught is following the son of a JEWISH god, the Ten commandments are JEWISH laws, and Jesus was crucified for claiming to be whom?  THE JEWISH GOD.  He came to save WHO?  The tribes of Israel.

                    Regardless of what you call yourselves, you are an offshoot of JUDIASM.  Your are JEWS not of Jewish blood.

                    Jeff

                      Sorry, I didn't mean you, just responding to christians as the "you".

                      Jeff

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 30, 2010
                        No offense taken.  I understand what you were saying, and just adding my two cents worth.  I was a cult believer for 35 years before becoming a free thinker (is thinker a word?) over 20 years ago.  When my invisible friend refused to talk back to me, I told him/her/it/she/whatever to just kiss off.

                        I cut my grass on Sundays. I live in a Christian Reform neighborhood.  My wife said that I offend my neighbors by my Sunday grass cutting chore.  So, when I go outside, I look to the sky and ask my former invisible friend, "If you don't want me to cut my grass, tell me now."  Silence.....more silence......until I crank up my riding mower.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 31, 2010
                          LOL, I do the same thing!!  (without the riding, I have a push mower)

                          However, the city I live in is said to be cursed by the natives that used to live on the land.

                          Although most of the employment has left, everyone that leaves comes back, and they don't leave until a job moves them out, or lures them beyond the city limits.

                          Jeff