New here

  • myqel1960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2004
      Hello.

      My name is Mike

      And I am a recovering Baptist.

      And quite nicely too, thank you.

      ~Michael

    • Lloyd H. Whitling
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2004
        8^} -----Original Message-----
        8^} From: myqel1960@... [mailto:myqel1960@...]
        8^} Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 4:48 PM
        8^} To: FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com
        8^} Subject: [FT-HUMOR] New here
        8^}
        8^}
        8^} Hello.
        8^}
        8^} My name is Mike
        8^}
        8^} And I am a recovering Baptist.
        8^}
        8^} And quite nicely too, thank you.
        8^}
        8^} ~Michael
        8^}
        Hello, Mike,

        I, too, am new, and wondering about the humor. Your message made
        me wonder: Are you still a Baptist and recovering?--or is being a
        Baptist what you are getting over?

        If it is the latter, congratulations 8^)

        )))))))))hugs(((((((((( from the Mad Poet Lloyd

        CREATIVE DISSATISFACTION
        Why be job weary and unhappy at work? It may
        not be all your fault, it may not be all
        theirs, but the result of a mismatch. Here's
        a cheap way to discover EXACTLY what the
        problem is, who's at fault, and what to do
        about it. Inspirational and easy to get a
        handle on, now an eBook you can read more about
        here:
        http://lspbookstore.netfirms.com/nonfiction.htm
      • Donna Gore
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2004
          http://www.angelfire.com/ky/nogod/joke.html

          a bunch of religious jokes here

          =====
          Republicans are always saying that we should privatize things like schools, prisons, and social security........How about we privatize privacy ???
          ----Bill Maher

          Anyone who would design a system where a 7 lb baby has to come out of a 2 inch hole has to be a sadist.
          ---John Henderson, M.D.

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
        • myqel1960@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2004
            I am 44 and I have lived in the mid-Michigan area all my life.
            Raised a Baptist ... but recovering from that infliction ...
            I retired from a GM factory (Fisher Body - Lansing) after 22 years.

            It has been the last couple of years that I have questioned my faith. For a
            lot of reasons, but mainly how religious folks use their religion to oppress
            people.

            It wasn't until I came across Dennis McKinsey's site that I was really turned
            off of christianity. * Biblical Errancy < http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/
            > *
            I did a search of Yahoo! groups looking for atheist organizations and came
            across FT-Humor. I thought I certainly could use some like minded folks to
            converse with and a little humor would be great!

            I have been in chat rooms where religion was brought up and I have to give my
            thoughts on the discussion. It always ends up as a heateed conversation.

            I am looking forward to the messages from the group.

            ~Michael

            In a message dated 02/26/2004 12:33:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            lwhitling@... writes:

            > If it is the latter, congratulations 8^)

          • Bobbler
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2004
              Michael,

              If its freethought conversation you want, may I suggest the afsforum:

              WEB ACCESS:
              or email:
              send blank email to : afsforum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              There are other places to go of course, but the above definitly has
              freethinkers on it.

              FYI, most members on this liat are on the other list already. We
              try to just post jokes (and other humor stuff) to this list. The
              other list is general discussion.

              I actually go in and manually delete non humor posts... hoping to get
              a nice archive of freethought humor someday.

              BObbler