A Modern Philosopher

  • SteveYoth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2003
        I've been waxing philosophical lately, especially on the subject of the importance of living our lives with the understanding that this is the only life we have!  There is no afterlife, no rewards in heaven.
        So, who do we turn to for words of wisdom on this subject?
        Let's see... How about a more modern philosopher?  Maybe... Weird Al Yankovic!
      In his song "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead" he expressed a positive view of living like this is the only life there is!  Some of the words of his song are:

         You can't make me settle down!  Don't tell me what to do!
         I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch and scream until I'm blue!
         NOW is the time to go for all the gusto you can grab!
         You'll have plenty of time to be laid back when you're laid out on the slab!
         You might as well be hyper as long as you're still around!
         You'll have lots of time to be low keyed when you're six feet underground!

        Does anyone know if he was/is bipolar?  It sounds like he was in a manic phase when he wrote that!
           - Steve