The preacher and the KKK

  • Donna Gore
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2003
      The preacher in a small Alabama town rose with an angry red face.
      "Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor that I belong to
      the Ku Klux Klan.
      This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot
      tolerate.
      I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this.
      Now I want the party who did this to stand and ask forgiveness
      from God and this Christian family."
      No one moved.
      The preacher continued, "Do you not have the nerve to face me and
      admit this is a falsehood?
      Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory.
      Now stand and confess your transgression."
      Again all was quiet.
      Slowly a drop dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop
      traffic, rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and voice
      quivered as she spoke.
      "Reverend there has been a terrible misunderstanding. Honestly, I
      never said you were a member of the Klan. I just told a couple of my
      friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."