Re: Christian Cannibals

  • Donna Gore
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
      That's why I LMAO when Xtians condemn pagan religions as "occult." What could POSSIBLY be more occult than worshipping a zombie by eating his flesh and drinking his blood ??
    • Donna Gore
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
        One of my online friends once created a photo-shop of a communion with the caption
        JESUS CHRIST........THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.

        I'll see if I can find it online.
      • steveyoth
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
            Yes, indeed!
            Can you imagine why the Jewish people of the first century may have had a problem with Christianity?  They didn't believe in drinking blood.  It was against their dietary rules!  That was a practice of the Greek pagans, and was completely contrary to Judaism.  Then, a religion (Christianity) comes along that has a ritual in which you drink the blood of the deity of the religion!  Oh, that's a hoot!  No wonder they wouldn't have anything to do with it!
            - Steve

          In a message dated 04/30/09 21:23:45 Eastern Daylight Time, donnajgore@... writes:
          That's why I LMAO when Xtians condemn pagan religions as "occult." What could POSSIBLY be more occult than worshipping a zombie by eating his flesh and drinking his blood ??

        • kznoggs
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2009
            --- In FT-HUMOR@yahoogroups.com, "Donna Gore" <donnajgore@...> wrote:

            > That's why I LMAO when Xtians condemn pagan religions as "occult." What could POSSIBLY be more occult than worshipping a zombie by eating his flesh and drinking his blood ??

            Good post, Donna. Isn't it amazing how few Christian are aware that their religion is based almost entirely on paganism. Even the central themes---virgin birth and resurrection predate Christianity by centuries and appears many times over, in other beliefs. Ken.
          • Claude Kadiddlehopper
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2009
              I read a story in Omni magazine (remember that one, you other old timers out there?) about 30 years ago related to this.  It is an SF story, and I can't remember the author, although it could have been Phil Dick.  It was in his style at least.

              The premise is that a space traveller is injured and et's rescue her, barely able to keep her from dying outright but doing what they can despite the different biologies.  They are telepathic, though, so can read some of her thoughts.  To keep her mind stimulated they put her through one of their religious rituals, in which their deity consumes their flesh.  It was pretty Kuhl.  If you remember who wrote it and the title do tell.

              Mark S.