Bush countdown

  • Green Gator
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008

      As of Monday, there are 141 days left.

      "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."
      —Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

       "PREDECESSORS?" -noun: One who precedes you in time as in holding a position or office.

      P.S. Can anyone identify the cartoon character wearing the red cap?  Let's see who is the first to submit the correct answer. -Gator
    • Paul J
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008

        I don’t watch the show, but happen to know that this is from South Park and it’s Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo.

        Do I get a special prize?

        paul

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
          You are correct, Paul!  Sorry, the prize is only that of pride; being the first to have the correct answer. I have a daily countdown of Bush on my humor message board called Gator's Humor.  Occasionally I watch South Park.  The writers are brilliant satirists, but tend to use excessive bad language and displays of sexual behavior, mostly deviant and perverted. Not recommended for children.

          Here is today's Bush Countdown:
          As of Tuesday, there are 140 days left.

          "Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to—I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that."
          —Pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 22, 2001 issue

          .