Yea but, fewer tips Mr.Wiltonman

  • paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      Lap dancers who are taking the contraceptive Pill get fewer tips from the punters, apparently because men prefer more fertile women.

      Geoffrey Miller and his team at the University of New Mexico compared the earnings of eighteen naturally cycling lap dancers, from clubs around the New Mexico area, with lap dancers who were taking the contraceptive pill, over a 2 month time span.

      Lap dancing is the most intimate form of sex work that is legal in most American cities, and therefore probably as close as researchers can get to studying actual sexual activety.

      In their study, the researchers found that during the non-fertile periods of the dancer's menstrual cycles, both sets of dancers earned similar tips. But when naturally cycling lap dancers entered their fertile period, they earned significantly more in tips than their pill taking co-workers.

      Dancers who weren't on the pill made about $70 an hour from admiring men, during peak fertility, versus about $35 while menstruating and $50 in between. Whilst girls who took birth control averaged about $193 per shift, with a performance peak which was almost a third less than women who were not using the contraceptive. These normally cycling lap dancers earned an average of about $276 per shift (a gain of more than $80 per shift), the study showed.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        This proves that some people have nothing better to do than spend money on studying stupid crap like the income of lap dancers vs. those who are not on the pill. Maybe they should study why men go to lap dancers instead of doing the humpty-dumpty with their wives. They would find that married women, once hooking the fish with the bait, no longer wish to bait fish.
        -Gator