Church joke

  • Donna Gore
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2007
      In a small midwestern conservative town, a new bar/tavern started a
      building to open up their business. The local Baptist church started a
      campaign with petitions and prayers to block the bar from opening.
      Work progressed, however right up until the week before opening, when a
      lightning strike hit the bar and it burned to the ground.

      The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until
      the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was
      ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through
      direct or indirect actions or means.

      The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to
      the buildings demise in its reply to the court.

      As the case made it's way into court, the judge looked over the
      paperwork at the hearing and commented, "I don't know how I'm going to
      decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a bar owner
      that believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation
      that doesn't!"