Bedtime Prayers In A Digital Age

  • strangerangers1
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      Bedtime Prayers In A Digital Age
      ----------

      Now I lay me down to sleep,

      from the nightstand, buttons beep.

      PC all set to download a file

      and send the mail in a little while.

      Then gather the news before the dawn

      and all the scores from fans long gone.

      The AC is set to cut back on cool;

      Lights to blink, the burglars to fool.

      Alarm clock set on delayed shutoff;

      CD to play some, then cutoff.

      Sleep-maker set on medium tension,

      Voice mail set on no-wake suspension.

      Burglar alarm on delay activate;

      Carport lite on, for son who's late.

      Mr. Coffee all set to percolate;

      Dishwasher to run at ten of eight.

      Air purifier cleans each hour tonite;

      Water filter to fill the tank just right.

      DVR to tape three good shows,

      Something to watch during winter snows.

      Motion detectors on, to check what moves;

      White noise machine set to seaside soothes.

      Camcorder is ready to film in a flash

      Blender's all set, the fruit to mash.

      Lord, Bless our all-electric domain;

      Keep lightning away if it should rain.

      Let no errant shock reset it all;

      Watch over the breaker box in the hall.

      I'm wide awake now from all this hassle;

      God bless our multi-megawatt castle.

      God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway;
      the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell
      the difference

      .