front row tent space

  • Crossley-1, Brice
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Bram,
      Your package mentioned regulating front row tent spaces. Here is my
      suggestion to the organizing committee concerning front row tent spaces. I
      think a limit should be enforced on the footage of frontage space. Some
      teams are getting tents that are really long and taking space that in the
      past would accommodate 2 or 3 teams. You should mark off spots that are
      about 40 or so feet, which I believe the width of all tents will fit in. If
      the teams tent does not fit, then they must turn the tent 90 degrees to run
      back away from the water instead of along the water. This will allow more
      teams equal access to water front viewing. If teams have more than one tent,
      only one may be water front within their space. I realize that some areas
      have a slope to deal with but that will be the team's problem.

      Although club teams may be representing multiple school, like SCC has
      entries for 4 high schools, the club may only have one front row spot
      instead of the number of schools they are representing. I'm sure GAR, MRC,
      OARS and SSYRP will accept this.

      I know we all want a level and fair playing field and that should go for the
      spectators too. Parents and teammates all should be able to watch their
      races without have to walk through other tents to get there.

      Thanks,
      Brice A. Crossley
      Federal Data Corporation
      Mail Stop: FDC-301