2003 Sunshine State Games - Racing Schedule, Second Draft

  • RowFL@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2003
      Hello All,

      Based on the responses I have received since yesterday, the attached schedule reflects the current round of changes.  Please continue to let me know of any other considerations.  I'll check my email after I get the course set up on Friday and I'll pass them on to Tom Feaster to handle from here on out.

      Part of this challenge, which hopefully will be addressed in future years is that the Florida Sports Council's book lists an offering of 68 possible events, including such hot races as the Women's Lightweight Junior Quad and the Women's Veteran (50+) Quad.  At least they eliminated last year's "Mixed Single" event!

      Once a regatta hits the 40 race mark, it's hard to get it all done in a day, so in the future we just need to recommend a more reasonable offering of events and stick to the racing schedule that is being used now, or something like it.  But that's the future.

      For now, let's get ready for a great day of racing, and do a "NO RAIN" dance, ok?

      Martyn Dennis
      1950 Thunderbird Trail
      Maitland, FL  32751

      Cell (407) 694-5214