Starting new HS program

  • Chris D. Meline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      Greetings,

      We are at the very beginning stages of starting a rowing
      program at the Dreyfoos School of the Arts in West Palm
      Beach where my son Tristan will be a junior next year.
      Tristan and I both row single and double sculls with the
      Palm Beach Rowing Association but feel that it is indeed
      time to get his school into the act. We've yet to meet with
      either the school athletic director or the new principal but
      hope to do so in the next couple of weeks after we would
      have collected as much information about starting and
      managing a school program as we can. Our club officers have
      repeatedly indicated their interest in supporting a Dreyfoos
      crew through the use of the boathouse, club boats, launch
      and trailers.

      Would anyone at the FSRA be available to answer occasional
      questions that will likely arise in discussions with school
      and school board staff? Would you be able to pass on
      contacts at other Florida schools that might also provide
      advice. Has FSRA developed any documentation that would
      help a program in the development phase?

      Thanks very much for your help.

      Chris Meline
      6684 Wood Lake Road
      Jupiter, Florida 33458