OARS Invitational

  • Kirsten Anderson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2012
      Coaches,
      The Entry deadline for the OARS Youth Invitational is midnight tonight, Friday, March 2.  There have been a few changes in the Regatta Central programs, we want to make sure you are aware:

      Lightweight Weights
      Men is 160; Women is 130

      Middle School
      You may enter multiple middle school boats (A, B, C, & D)

      On-line Waivers
      Double-check your on-line waivers with USRowing...they created a new system just a week ago, so you'll need to make sure that all on-line waivers are up to date.

      Thanks,

      Mark Lewis Regatta Chair
      Ken Hutcheson Regatta Co-Chair

      OARS Logo
    • Kirsten Anderson
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2013

        Dear Coaches,

        The Orlando Area Rowing Society is delighted to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 9th, 2013

        Registration, waivers & payment can all be submitted on Regatta Central.

        Please note the upcoming deadlines:

        Entries, Waivers & Payment Deadline:          Friday, March 1st

        Scratches due:                                                 Wednesday, March 6th, by 7:00 p.m.

        Racing:                                                             Saturday & Sunday, March 9th & 10th

        Saturday's race events will take place on a 1500 m course with races starting every 7 minutes.

        We will also be offering a middle school race. The middle school event will occur at the beginning of the lunch break and will be mixed boats rowing a 1000 m course.

        While it is exciting to see the growth of the invitational over the years, this has caused the event to become a long day and difficult schedule to manage for our participants and judges.  Therefore, the decision was made to closely monitor the 2 event maximum per rower. While we understand this may not be the ideal scenario for all teams, we hope that it will enhance the overall event experience.

        For those in need of overnight accommodations, arrangements have been made with a nearby hotel for special rates for regatta participants.

        Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Universal Orlando

        Holiday Inn Express

        5605 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 Call 1-877-834-3613 and reference group code ORI

        Lastly, to enable a smooth start to the day, boat trailers should be at the park and in position by 6:45 AM.

        We are looking forward to a race day full of excitement and success.

        Mark Lewis / Chair

        Shirley Wolf/Co-Chair

        Kirsten Anderson/Women's Head Coach

        Justin Knust/Men's Head Coach

      • Kirsten Anderson
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2013
          FSRA Members,

          Just a quick reminder that entries for the OARS Invitational are due tonight along with on-iine waivers & payment.  Please due your best to get your entries in; we'd like to have a first draft of the schedule early next week.

          Thanks,
          Kirsten Anderson
          OARS
        • Kirsten Anderson
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 10
            Dear Florida Coaches,

            We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 8th.  Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing.  Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.
            Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!

            We hope to see you all on March 8th.
            Kirsten Anderson
            Orlando Area Rowing Society

            February 28th - Registration Deadline (including on-line USRowing waivers and payments)
            Wednesday, March 5th - Scratches
            Saturday, March 8th - Racing