OARS Invitational

  • Kirsten Anderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2009
      Coaches,

      Just a reminder of the upcoming deadlines for the 2009 OARS Invitational:

      Entries, waivers & payment: Friday, March 6th

      Scratches due: Wednesday, March 11th

      Entries should be completed on-line at www.regattacentral.com
      Waivers can be submitted electronically on regatta central or sent directly to

      OARS
      P.O. Box 71
      Windermere, FL 34786

      Thanks!
      Kirsten Anderson
      OARS

      Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
    • Kirsten Anderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2012

        Dear Coaches,

        The Orlando Area Rowing Society is delighted to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 10th, 2012.

        Registration, waivers & payment can all be submitted on Regatta Central.

        Please note the upcoming deadlines:

        Entries, Waivers & Payment Deadline:                Friday, March 2nd

        Scratches due:                                                      Wednesday, March 7h, by 7:00 p.m.

        Racing:                                                                Saturday March 10th - Juniors & Sunday, March 11th - Masters

        Saturday's race events will take place on a 1500 m course with races starting every 7 minutes.

        By request, we've added doubles back into the schedule on Saturday.  We will also be offering a middle school race. The middle school event will occur at the beginning of the lunch break and will be mixed boats rowing a 1000 m course.

        While it is exciting to see the growth of the invitational over the years, this has caused the event to become a long day and difficult schedule to manage for our participants and judges.  Therefore, the decision was made to closely monitor the 2 event maximum per rower. While we understand this may not be the ideal scenario for all teams, we hope that it will enhance the overall event experience.

        For those in need of overnight accommodations, arrangements have been made with a nearby hotel for special rates for regatta participants.

        Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Universal Orlando

        Holiday Inn Express

        5605 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 Call 1-877-834-3613 and reference group code ORI

        Lastly, to enable a smooth start to the day, boat trailers should be at the park and in position by 6:45 AM.

        We are looking forward to a race day full of excitement and success.

        Mark Lewis / Chair

        Ken Hutcheson / Co-Chair

      • Kirsten Anderson
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2012
          Coaches,
          The Entry deadline for the OARS Youth Invitational is midnight tonight, Friday, March 2.  There have been a few changes in the Regatta Central programs, we want to make sure you are aware:

          Lightweight Weights
          Men is 160; Women is 130

          Middle School
          You may enter multiple middle school boats (A, B, C, & D)

          On-line Waivers
          Double-check your on-line waivers with USRowing...they created a new system just a week ago, so you'll need to make sure that all on-line waivers are up to date.

          Thanks,

          Mark Lewis Regatta Chair
          Ken Hutcheson Regatta Co-Chair

          OARS Logo
        • Kirsten Anderson
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013

            Dear Coaches,

            The Orlando Area Rowing Society is delighted to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 9th, 2013

            Registration, waivers & payment can all be submitted on Regatta Central.

            Please note the upcoming deadlines:

            Entries, Waivers & Payment Deadline:          Friday, March 1st

            Scratches due:                                                 Wednesday, March 6th, by 7:00 p.m.

            Racing:                                                             Saturday & Sunday, March 9th & 10th

[...]

            Shirley Wolf/Co-Chair

            Kirsten Anderson/Women's Head Coach

            Justin Knust/Men's Head Coach

          • Kirsten Anderson
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2013
              FSRA Members,

              Just a quick reminder that entries for the OARS Invitational are due tonight along with on-iine waivers & payment.  Please due your best to get your entries in; we'd like to have a first draft of the schedule early next week.

              Thanks,
              Kirsten Anderson
              OARS
            • Kirsten Anderson
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 10, 2014
                Dear Florida Coaches,

                We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 8th.  Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing.  Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.
                Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!

                We hope to see you all on March 8th.
                Kirsten Anderson
                Orlando Area Rowing Society

                February 28th - Registration Deadline (including on-line USRowing waivers and payments)
                Wednesday, March 5th - Scratches
                Saturday, March 8th - Racing
              • Kirsten Anderson
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 27
                  Dear Coaches,

                  We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 14th & Sunday, March 15th.   Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing.

                  There are a few changes to our event that we hope will be appealing to your team:

                  • Middle School races have been moved to Sunday.  There will be boys 8s, girls 8s and mixed 8s, with no cap on entries. You will still enter the middle school events under your fee cap with your high school entries.  We hope that this will provide for a better racing experience for the middle school boats and keep the schedule on Saturday running smoothly without slowing down for the middle school races.
                  • We've added quads to Saturday's schedule.
                  • Entry limits have been changed:  Sculling events may enter A&B entries, Eights may enter multiple entries, Fours may enter A boats only.

                  Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.
                  Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!

                  We hope to see you on the 14th!
                  Kirsten Anderson
                  Orlando Area Rowing Society

                  Friday, March 6th - Registration Deadline (including waivers & payment)
                  Wednesday, March 11th - All Scratches due