Rowing Coaches Clinic in Tampa
- Please Respond if you have interest in attending the clinic on the Saturday, the 10th of January.
FSRA Members,On January 10th, there will be a coaches clinic hosted in Tampa. The focus of the clinic will predominantly revolve around the following topics:
In addition to the mentioned topics, the presenters would like to know if there are any other areas of focus you would like to be addressed.The length of the clinic will be about 4 hours, and will be hosted at Tampa Preparatory. Details to follow.Please forward your ideas or interest to:John Leekley, Head Coach of Men's Rowing for Washington College jleekley2@...Justin Smith, Head Coach of Tampa Preparatory Rowing tampapreprowing@...
- Training for the spring season: Conditioning athletes to peak at State/Scholastic Championships.
- Skills and Drills of Rowing: Effective water and land based drills aimed at increasing boat speed.
- Coaching High School Athletes: the development of freshman and preparing upper-classmen for the collegiate level.
- Rigging: The myths and facts behind rigging.