Just a reminder that entries to the OARS Invitational on March 15th & 16th are due by next Friday, March 7th. Entries, waivers, & payments must be received by midnight on Friday All entries must be submitted on www.regattacentral.com.
Scratches will be accepted until the following Wednesday. After Wednesday, there will be a $25.00 scratch fee.
Some additional reminders:
· Medal distribution is different this year, please take a look at the packet for more information
· Weigh-ins will take place between 6:30 – 8:30 a.m.
· If your team would like to order ice in advance, we will have a truck at the site. Please send your ice requests to oarsmail@...
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.
Attached, you will find the schedule for the 2008 OARS Invitational. We’ve got approximately 1200 athletes racing from 30 teams in 70 flights. We’ve worked hard to accommodate all your requests for scheduling. I apologize if the schedule for your racing isn’t perfect, but it is hard to accommodate everyone. If you have any additional changes, please get them to me before noon on Friday so that the schedule can go to print.
With the number of races that we are running, it is very important that you help take care of the following:
· Before you come, please review the rules of racing with your rowers. Make sure coxswains understand how to correctly back-into a stake boat.
· If you are bringing your trailer early, please arrive before 6:00 p.m. on Friday. In the event that you will arrive late, please call Mike Welch at 407-234-0198 and he can open the gate for you.
· 7:00 a.m. – attend the Coaches & Coxswain meeting
o Coaches will meet separately to review the schedule.
No lane changes will be made – scratches only.
· Make sure that your boats are ready to launch
o Coxswains must know their Event #, Lane # & Time in order to launch. Bring a Sharpie & write it on their hand.
o No boat will be allowed on the water without a bowball & quick release shoes. Heel ties must be in place & secure. Please bring your own bow markers & place them on your boat before you launch.
· The National Weather Service is predicting mostly sunny with highs near 85. Winds south southwest between 5 – 15 mph & gusts up to 25 mph. We are monitoring the weather & will have a plan if the wind disrupts racing.
· When the racing is over, please make sure your team cleans up your area. Recycling & trash cans will be in the park - encourage your teams to use them.
Thank you for attending our regatta, we look forward to a great day of racing. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Changes made to the schedule:
Scratch Women’s N8+
Add Women’s N4+
Add Men’s 3rd 4+
Scratch Women’s JV8+
Scratch Women’s Ltwt4+
Scratch Women’s Fresh 4+
Scratch Men’s N4+
Scratch Men’s N4+
Add Men’s 1x
Scratch Women’s Lt8
Scratch Men’s N8
ADD WV4+ & W2x
Scratch - Men's 3rd 8.
Add Men’s 3rd 4+
Add Women’s 3rd4+
Add M Ltwt 4
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.
Just a reminder of the upcoming deadlines for the 2009 OARS Invitational:
Entries, waivers & payment: Friday, March 6thScratches due: Wednesday, March 11th
Entries should be completed on-line at www.regattacentral.com
Waivers can be submitted electronically on regatta central or sent directly to
P.O. Box 71
Windermere, FL 34786
Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
- Coaches,The Entry deadline for the OARS Youth Invitational is midnight tonight, Friday, March 2. There have been a few changes in the Regatta Central programs, we want to make sure you are aware:Lightweight WeightsMen is 160; Women is 130Middle SchoolYou may enter multiple middle school boats (A, B, C, & D)On-line WaiversDouble-check your on-line waivers with USRowing...they created a new system just a week ago, so you'll need to make sure that all on-line waivers are up to date.Thanks,Mark Lewis Regatta ChairKen Hutcheson Regatta Co-Chair
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Universal Orlando
Holiday Inn Express
5605 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 Call 1-877-834-3613 and reference group code ORI
- FSRA Members,Just a quick reminder that entries for the OARS Invitational are due tonight along with on-iine waivers & payment. Please due your best to get your entries in; we'd like to have a first draft of the schedule early next week.Thanks,Kirsten AndersonOARS
- Dear Florida Coaches,We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 8th. Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing. Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!We hope to see you all on March 8th.Kirsten AndersonOrlando Area Rowing SocietyFebruary 28th - Registration Deadline (including on-line USRowing waivers and payments)Wednesday, March 5th - ScratchesSaturday, March 8th - Racing
- Dear Coaches,We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 14th & Sunday, March 15th. Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing.There are a few changes to our event that we hope will be appealing to your team:
Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!We hope to see you on the 14th!Kirsten AndersonOrlando Area Rowing SocietyFriday, March 6th - Registration Deadline (including waivers & payment)Wednesday, March 11th - All Scratches due
- Middle School races have been moved to Sunday. There will be boys 8s, girls 8s and mixed 8s, with no cap on entries. You will still enter the middle school events under your fee cap with your high school entries. We hope that this will provide for a better racing experience for the middle school boats and keep the schedule on Saturday running smoothly without slowing down for the middle school races.
- We've added quads to Saturday's schedule.
- Entry limits have been changed: Sculling events may enter A&B entries, Eights may enter multiple entries, Fours may enter A boats only.