OARS Invitational

  • Kirsten Anderson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008

      Coaches,

      Just a reminder that entries to the OARS Invitational on March 15th & 16th are due by next Friday, March 7th.  Entries, waivers, & payments must be received by midnight on Friday All entries must be submitted on www.regattacentral.com.

      Scratches will be accepted until the following Wednesday.  After Wednesday, there will be a $25.00 scratch fee.

      Some additional reminders:

      ·         Medal distribution is different this year, please take a look at the packet for more information

      ·         Weigh-ins will take place between 6:30 – 8:30 a.m.

      ·         If your team would like to order ice in advance, we will have a truck at the site.  Please send your ice requests to oarsmail@...

      If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

      Thanks,

      Kirsten Anderson

      OARS

    • Kirsten Anderson
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 13, 2008

        Dear Coaches,

        Attached, you will find the schedule for the 2008 OARS Invitational.  We’ve got approximately 1200 athletes racing from 30 teams in 70 flights.  We’ve worked hard to accommodate all your requests for scheduling.  I apologize if the schedule for your racing isn’t perfect, but it is hard to accommodate everyone.  If you have any additional changes, please get them to me before noon on Friday so that the schedule can go to print.

        With the number of races that we are running, it is very important that you help take care of the following:

        ·         Before you come, please review the rules of racing with your rowers.  Make sure coxswains understand how to correctly back-into a stake boat.

        ·         If you are bringing your trailer early, please arrive before 6:00 p.m. on Friday.  In the event that you will arrive late, please call Mike Welch at 407-234-0198 and he can open the gate for you.

        ·         7:00 a.m. – attend the Coaches & Coxswain meeting

        o    Coaches will meet separately to review the schedule.

        No lane changes will be made – scratches only.

        ·         Make sure that your boats are ready to launch

        o    Coxswains must know their Event #, Lane # & Time in order to launch.  Bring a Sharpie & write it on their hand.

        o    No boat will be allowed on the water without a bowball & quick release shoes.  Heel ties must be in place & secure.  Please bring your own bow markers & place them on your boat before you launch.

        ·         The National Weather Service is predicting mostly sunny with highs near 85.  Winds south southwest between 5 – 15 mph & gusts up to 25 mph.  We are monitoring the weather & will have a plan if the wind disrupts racing.

        ·         When the racing is over, please make sure your team cleans up your area.  Recycling & trash cans will be in the park - encourage your teams to use them.

        Thank you for attending our regatta, we look forward to a great day of racing.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

        Kirsten Anderson

        OARS

        Changes made to the schedule:

        Miami Beach

        Scratch Women’s N8+

        Add Women’s N4+

        Add Men’s 3rd 4+

        Stanton

        Scratch Women’s JV8+

        Scratch Women’s Ltwt4+

        Scratch Women’s Fresh 4+

        River Bank

        Scratch Men’s N4+

        Edgewater

        Scratch Men’s N4+

        Melbourne

        Add Men’s 1x

        Scratch Women’s Lt8

        Scratch Men’s N8

        Jacksonville RC

        ADD  WV4+ & W2x

        Tampa Prep

        Scratch MJV4

        Pine Crest

        Scratch - Men's 3rd 8.

        Miami

        Add Men’s 3rd 4+

        Add Women’s 3rd4+

        Sarasota Crew

        Scratch W2x

        OARS

        Add M Ltwt 4

      • Kirsten Anderson
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          Coaches,

          Just a reminder of the upcoming deadlines for the 2009 OARS Invitational:

          Entries, waivers & payment: Friday, March 6th

          Scratches due: Wednesday, March 11th

          Entries should be completed on-line at www.regattacentral.com
          Waivers can be submitted electronically on regatta central or sent directly to

          OARS
          P.O. Box 71
          Windermere, FL 34786

          Thanks!
          Kirsten Anderson
          OARS

          Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
        • Kirsten Anderson
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012

            Dear Coaches,

            The Orlando Area Rowing Society is delighted to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 10th, 2012.

            Registration, waivers & payment can all be submitted on Regatta Central.

            Please note the upcoming deadlines:

            Entries, Waivers & Payment Deadline:                Friday, March 2nd

            Scratches due:                                                      Wednesday, March 7h, by 7:00 p.m.

            Racing:                                                                Saturday March 10th - Juniors & Sunday, March 11th - Masters

            Saturday's race events will take place on a 1500 m course with races starting every 7 minutes.

            By request, we've added doubles back into the schedule on Saturday.  We will also be offering a middle school race. The middle school event will occur at the beginning of the lunch break and will be mixed boats rowing a 1000 m course.

            While it is exciting to see the growth of the invitational over the years, this has caused the event to become a long day and difficult schedule to manage for our participants and judges.  Therefore, the decision was made to closely monitor the 2 event maximum per rower. While we understand this may not be the ideal scenario for all teams, we hope that it will enhance the overall event experience.

            For those in need of overnight accommodations, arrangements have been made with a nearby hotel for special rates for regatta participants.

            Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Universal Orlando

            Holiday Inn Express

            5605 Major Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 Call 1-877-834-3613 and reference group code ORI

            Lastly, to enable a smooth start to the day, boat trailers should be at the park and in position by 6:45 AM.

            We are looking forward to a race day full of excitement and success.

            Mark Lewis / Chair

            Ken Hutcheson / Co-Chair

          • Kirsten Anderson
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 2, 2012
              Coaches,
              The Entry deadline for the OARS Youth Invitational is midnight tonight, Friday, March 2.  There have been a few changes in the Regatta Central programs, we want to make sure you are aware:

              Lightweight Weights
              Men is 160; Women is 130

              Middle School
              You may enter multiple middle school boats (A, B, C, & D)

              On-line Waivers
              Double-check your on-line waivers with USRowing...they created a new system just a week ago, so you'll need to make sure that all on-line waivers are up to date.

              Thanks,

              Mark Lewis Regatta Chair
              Ken Hutcheson Regatta Co-Chair

              OARS Logo
            • Kirsten Anderson
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2013

                Dear Coaches,

                The Orlando Area Rowing Society is delighted to once again host this event at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake on Saturday, March 9th, 2013

                Registration, waivers & payment can all be submitted on Regatta Central.

                Please note the upcoming deadlines:

                Entries, Waivers & Payment Deadline:          Friday, March 1st

                Scratches due:                                                 Wednesday, March 6th, by 7:00 p.m.

                Racing:                                                             Saturday & Sunday, March 9th & 10th

[...]

                Shirley Wolf/Co-Chair

                Kirsten Anderson/Women's Head Coach

                Justin Knust/Men's Head Coach

              • Kirsten Anderson
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2013
                  FSRA Members,

                  Just a quick reminder that entries for the OARS Invitational are due tonight along with on-iine waivers & payment.  Please due your best to get your entries in; we'd like to have a first draft of the schedule early next week.

                  Thanks,
                  Kirsten Anderson
                  OARS
                • Kirsten Anderson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 10
                    Dear Florida Coaches,

                    We are excited to once again invite you to participate in the OARS Invitational on Saturday, March 8th.  Our parents and coaches have been hard at work planning this event and whether you are bringing one boat or your whole team, we hope to provide you with a day of great racing.  Please take the time to visit Regatta Central this week and add our event to your calendar.
                    Registration is now open, so feel free to start entering your boats!

                    We hope to see you all on March 8th.
                    Kirsten Anderson
                    Orlando Area Rowing Society

                    February 28th - Registration Deadline (including on-line USRowing waivers and payments)
                    Wednesday, March 5th - Scratches
                    Saturday, March 8th - Racing