Meeting Agenda and Place

  • Crossley, Brice A
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
      RE: FSRA issues
      Attached are the minutes for approval. Please bring a copy of the agenda below for your use.

      2007 FSRA Annual Meeting Agenda – Saturday, August 25

      The Golden Bear Club At Keene's Pointe
      6300 Jack Nicklaus Parkway
      Windermere, FL 34786
      Phone: (407) 876-5775

      Meeting Start Time: Noon

      ·        Registration of representatives and roll call.

      ·        Reading and approval of previous minutes. Attached via email.

      ·        Report of Treasurer.

      ·        Report of President.

      ·        Consideration and vote on amendments to Constitution. Text on the following will be circulated 2 weeks in advance of meeting date:

      o       Amend Constitution on mid-season team switches (Team Membership).

      o       Amend Bylaws to codify role/responsibility of Ethics Committee.

      o       Amend Bylaws to codify role/responsibility of Regatta Committee to include regional representation.

      o       Amend Constitution for FSRA to host a single Regatta on a single weekend (This would make the status quo constitutional).

      ·        Setting the following year's Membership Dues.

      o       Currently set at $150, $200 if paid after December 31.

      ·        Discussion of annual race schedule.

      o       Fall Regattas

      §         Gator Head Regatta in Gainesville on Saturday, 27 October

      o       Spring Regattas

      §         Southern Sprints Presentation

      §         March 15, 2008 Mayors Cup Regatta in Tampa

      ·        Discussion of Annual State Championship Regattas.

      o       Vote – approval of Regatta Committee’s 2-day format as raced in April 2007.

      o       Vote – approval of Regatta Committee’s recommendation to add Frosh 4 and Light 8 to 2-day regatta schedule.

      o       Set Race Date - April 26-27, 2008?

      o       Seeding.

      ·        Junior National Team testing.

      ·        Election of New Officers.

      ·        Committee Assignments.

      o       Ethics Committee

      o       Regatta Committee

      ·        Unfinished Business.

      ·        New Business.

      o       Regatta Committee – discussion of events for vote consideration at next annual meeting: add Pair, add Novice Quad, remove 3rd 8.

      o       Trailer Workshop – interest in FSRA hosting? $125/person.

      ·        Adjournment.

    • Crossley, Brice A
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        What I sent previously was that we are working on securing a location in Orlando for Saturday, August 18. Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm that date with several locations we are in talks with (lots of weddings, etc.). I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but also realize that the results of my earlier question as to when best to hold the meeting showed that every Saturday was inconvenient for at least 2 programs. FYI: Previous school room use is now unavailable due to large liability issues.

        Thanks, Brice

        Didn't you already announce the meeting date as Aug 18? This is going to be a conflict for MBRC as our program is starting on the 25th.
        Elaine