modified weigh in procedure for Southern Sprints

  • John Corelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2006

      Hello Coaches –

      As you may recall from the EMS briefing, there were suggested some possible changes to weigh in procedure.

      We are planning on opening up the weigh-ins on the night before the race for anybody who is in town that wants to get weighed in.  I realize this may only benefit the local teams, but it’s something we wanted to promote to anyone who wanted to get their lightweights weighed in early.

      Secondly, the other big change we’re going to make is increasing the cutoff time for making weight on 2000m events only.  Now, there will be a 3 hour cutoff to make weight in the LtWt 2k events.

      This is going to be accomplished by rearranging when the 2K events take place relative to the first HS events of the day.  We won’t be impacting when teams need to show up - that will remain pretty much the same as before.  What we’re changing is the event schedule to get more time for a weigh-in cutoff.  This way, your athletes have more time to eat and drink before their lightweight race.  If you have an athlete in both the dash and 2k, it is still the 1 hour cutoff to make weight (before the dash events).  If there are athletes that are *just* racing the 2k, you need to be mindful that they need to make weight 3 hours prior to their race.

      Hopefully, your athletes will take advantage of the time between races to re-hydrate and eat.  As I mentioned in the briefing, this comes down to coaching your kids as much as anything.

      Let me know if there are any questions or if this isn’t clear to anyone.  I want to get the information out there to everyone far enough in advance to benefit the safety and welfare of the athletes at the next Southern Sprints.

      Regards

      John Corelli

      Southern Sprints Regatta