FW: Stetson University Crew - Starting a Womens LWT Program

  • Christopher Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2006

      From: Christopher Thomas
      Sent: Fri 12/8/2006 8:27 AM
      To: FSRA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Stetson University Crew - Starting a Womens LWT Program

      Dear Junior Women's Coaches,

      I have excellent news!  Stetson University has decided to add women's lightweight rowing to our crew program.  Beginning Fall of 2006, with the support of the Athletic Department we will have scholarships available for lightweights.  It is my goal to bring in 9-10 freshmen (lightweight rowers and coxswain(s)) this coming fall 2007.

      If you have any natural lightweights or kick a** coxie, I would love to talk with them further about rowing for Stetson University.  Please feel free to give out my information:  Coach Chris Thomas; cthomas1@...; cell 386-747-2825.

      If you have anyone you want to recommend to me, I or someone on my staff will follow up with them.  I want to bring in at least 5 the following 3 three years after that too!  So even if you want to send me info on juniors/ sophomore, I can't contact them yet, but at least we can start tracking them.

      Furthermore If you/your athlete (and their parents) want to meet with one of our coaches we would be glad to arrange a meeting. I could meet with anyone/group Dec 12-18. Any other subsequent meetings may have to happen in January-Feburary.

      Let me know if you have any questions or wish to set something up.  Best of luck this coming spring!

      Chris Thomas

        Assistant Crew Coach

        Stetson University
        Athletics Department | Unit 8359