Fw:USRA Honor Roll and Small Programs

  • Allen Eubanks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
      Fw:USRA Honor Roll and Small Programs
      I understand your concern. Has the athlete won any race at states, regional or bigger? The parameters of this award go beyond my time on the committee. But they are what hey are and I hope you might aply anyway maybe just maybe that might be overlooked.

      Allen

      On 8/7/06 11:26 AM, "mmd" <mmd@...> wrote:

      Thank you for forwarding information regarding the USRA Scholastic honor roll.

      The nomination criteria states:

      "Athletes must have achieved success in competitive rowing on the league or regional level, or above."

      Our program is so small we rarely win anything.  Still, the kid's show up for daily practice at 5AM.  That is commendable when you have a likelihood of winning an event.

      It is remarkable when you know the odds are against you and you face defeat after defeat.

      Despite their record, these kids embody perseverance, determination and faith.

      Shouldn't there be a way for these rowers to have the opportunity to be on the Honor Roll?

      Thanks for caring so much about rowing, and always doing what you believe to be best for the rowers.