Re: Income Tax Elimination Day protest tomorrow

  • Skip
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
      I was at Sylvan and I-30, west of the Post Office for about 2 hours.
      As far as I know, I was the only person to show up.

      As I was leaving, I drove back around to the east side of the Post
      Office coming from Beckley, but that route was being diverted onto
      Hardwick before it could merge with the traffic coming off the
      interstate. It looked like there were very few cars coming from
      Beckley. I think the I-30 eastbound exit and loopback at Beckley was
      closed, which probably accounts for the light traffic.

      I apologize if I missed anyone. I mainly fault my inadequate planning
      for this event. Next year I'll have a specific designated meeting
      place and time.

      For best coverage, you really need at a couple of people east of the
      Post Office (although access to the stream of cars is difficult since
      the Police forbid anyone stepping into the street), and a couple of
      poeple at Sylvan and I-30 to catch the traffic as it leaves the post
      office.

      I'll try to plan better next year.