DFW area Meeting

  • shakyray2005
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hi all,

      I signed on as a member to the project a bit ago. I live in Plano
      right now. I have a checklist of items I need to accomplish in
      order to make the move to NH. I am really excited about it.

      I wanted to set up a FSP DFW area meeting for some time in the next
      3-4 weeks. To make it as easy as possible for as many people to
      attend, please let me know the following:

      1. Are you likely to attend?
      2. Where would be the best location for you?
      3. What type of venue would you prefer?
      4. What day of the week/time of day would be best for you?

      Thanks,

      James
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
        James!!!!

        Thank you for sending out your email. Wow, I'm amazed that no one has
        replied, including me, of course.

        We went through a period of pretty regular meetings; at one point even twice
        a month. It has been a while, and I would love for all of us to get together
        again. Thank you for taking the lead on putting something together.

        I hope that this is the first reply of many! C'mon folks, let's get
        together. Now, for the questions you posed.

        1) Yes, I am likely to attend
        2) I can be flexible on the location. We met a number of places, it seems
        like the north Dallas area probably minimizes the overall driving, but I'm
        probably also biased there...
        3) Probably a restaurant like some of the other meetings; something quiet,
        where folks can come and go if they want.
        I would like to see us maybe also consider a park with a pic-nic, or a
        gun range for some shooting and visiting, or someone's home if we can get a
        volunteer.
        4) Weekends, afternoon or evening for me!

        Thanks again, James, let's see what we can get cooking again!

        I am also in Plano. Please feel free to call me - evenings after 8 are best.

        BTW, I visited Shakey Rays and liked it!

        home 469.241.0324
        work 469.357.3339

        >From: "shakyray2005" <ray@...>
        >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FSP_DFW] DFW area Meeting
        >Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:24:47 -0000
        >

        >Hi all,
        >
        >I signed on as a member to the project a bit ago. I live in Plano
        >right now. I have a checklist of items I need to accomplish in
        >order to make the move to NH. I am really excited about it.
        >
        >I wanted to set up a FSP DFW area meeting for some time in the next
        >3-4 weeks. To make it as easy as possible for as many people to
        >attend, please let me know the following:
        >
        >1. Are you likely to attend?
        >2. Where would be the best location for you?
        >3. What type of venue would you prefer?
        >4. What day of the week/time of day would be best for you?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >James
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Michael Badnarik
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
          At 03:11 PM 2/24/2005, James wrote:
          >I wanted to set up a FSP DFW area meeting for some time in the next
          >3-4 weeks. To make it as easy as possible for as many people to
          >attend, please let me know the following:

          Hello,

          I am willing to attend a meeting anywhere, anytime, however - my lecture
          schedule has gotten very busy, especially on weekends. If you can give me
          a smaller time window, I'll let you know what works best for me.

          Michael Badnarik
          dedicated FSP member
        • Shaky Ray
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
            Okie Dokie,

            With all the votes counted, lets set this up as follows:

            First 2005 DFW FSP meeting

            Where:  Shaky Ray's Coffee and Books in Plano www.shakyrays.com for directions

            When:  Saturday, March 5, 4pm

            We will have free cookies, coffee, granitas, and the worlds best cappuccino.  You can byob if you want.  There is an Italian Restaurant next door if it gets late.

            Agenda

            1.  Meet and Greet
            2.  Discuss Mission/Make up/Purpose of local group.
                The group leader guidelines suggest recruiting, advertising, socializing, among other things.
            3.  Where to meet, when to meet,how often to meet.

            Trey,  Love your idea of getting out, picnic, shooting, etc.  Maybe a bit of a different venue each meeting, sometimes more family/kid oriented.

            Ultimately, we need to recruit participants.
            I think we can do that, as well as have fun and fellowship at the same time.

            I want to move to NH.  I am psyched about it.

            James
            972-977-6544 (cell)
            972-517-2672(Shaky Ray's)

            Thank you for sending out your email. Wow, I'm amazed that no one has
            replied, including me, of course.

            We went through a period of pretty regular meetings; at one point even twice
            a month. It has been a while, and I would love for all of us to get together
            again. Thank you for taking the lead on putting something together.

            I hope that this is the first reply of many! C'mon folks, let's get
            together. Now, for the questions you posed.

            1)  Yes, I am likely to attend
            2)  I can be flexible on the location. We met a number of places, it seems
            like the north Dallas area probably minimizes the overall driving, but I'm
            probably also biased there...
            3)  Probably a restaurant like some of the other meetings; something quiet,
            where folks can come and go if they want.
                 I would like to see us maybe also consider a park with a pic-nic, or a
            gun range for some shooting and visiting, or someone's home if we can get a
            volunteer.
            4)  Weekends, afternoon or evening for me!

            Thanks again, James, let's see what we can get cooking again!

            I am also in Plano. Please feel free to call me - evenings after 8 are best.

            BTW, I visited Shakey Rays and liked it!

               home 469.241.0324
                work 469.357.3339

            >From: "shakyray2005" <ray@...>
            >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [FSP_DFW] DFW area Meeting
            >Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:24:47 -0000
            >

            >Hi all,
            >
            >I signed on as a member to the project a bit ago.  I live in Plano
            >right now.  I have a checklist of items I need to accomplish in
            >order to make the move to NH.  I am really excited about it.
            >
            >I wanted to set up a FSP DFW area meeting for some time in the next
            >3-4 weeks.   To make it as easy as possible for as many people to
            >attend, please let me know the following:
            >
            >1.  Are you likely to attend?
            >2.  Where would be the best location for you?
            >3.  What type of venue would you prefer?
            >4.  What day of the week/time of day would be best for you?
            >
            >Thanks,
            >
            >James
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jim
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2005
              Sorry I haven't been in touch. I'M jIM Walters, the States Rights
              Laisson of the FSP. I live in Lewisville and I wanted to let you
              know I exist!

              Jim

              --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Michael Badnarik <mickey@b...> wrote:
              > At 03:11 PM 2/24/2005, James wrote:
              > >I wanted to set up a FSP DFW area meeting for some time in the
              next
              > >3-4 weeks. To make it as easy as possible for as many people to
              > >attend, please let me know the following:
              >
              > Hello,
              >
              > I am willing to attend a meeting anywhere, anytime, however - my
              lecture
              > schedule has gotten very busy, especially on weekends. If you can
              give me
              > a smaller time window, I'll let you know what works best for me.
              >
              > Michael Badnarik
              > dedicated FSP member
            • Michael Badnarik
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 25, 2005
                At 09:57 PM 2/24/2005, Shaky Ray wrote:
                >Okie Dokie,
                >First 2005 DFW FSP meeting
                >When: Saturday, March 5, 4pm

                I am disappointed that I will have to miss this meeting. I will be at
                Loyola University in New Orleans "Lighting the fires of Liberty" and
                teaching my Constitution class. Please keep me posted on the results of
                this meeting.

                >I'M jIM Walters, the States Rights Laisson of the FSP.
                >I live in Lewisville and I wanted to let you know I exist!

                Hello, Jim. With apologies to Renee Descartes, "You exist, therefore you
                think", which means that you're one of those smart enough to support the FSP.

                If anyone would like to get together for coffee and conversation Tues, Wed,
                or Thurs of next week (8th,9th,10th), please let me know.

                Lighting the fires of Liberty, one heart at a time!

                Michael Badnarik
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 25, 2005
                  Michael,

                  Are you going to be in the Dallas area the 8th - 10th? If so, I would love
                  to get together for lunch or coffee. I'll bet I'm not the only one!

                  Please let me know and we can set something up.

                  Thank you, Trey ~

                  home 469.241.0324
                  work 469.357.3339

                  >From: Michael Badnarik <mickey@...>
                  >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
                  >CC: "Kat Dillon" <bookish_lass@...>, "Jennifer James"
                  ><jennifer@...>
                  >Subject: Re: [FSP_DFW] DFW area Meeting
                  >Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:41:55 -0600
                  >

                  >At 09:57 PM 2/24/2005, Shaky Ray wrote:
                  > >Okie Dokie,
                  > >First 2005 DFW FSP meeting
                  > >When: Saturday, March 5, 4pm
                  >
                  >I am disappointed that I will have to miss this meeting. I will be at
                  >Loyola University in New Orleans "Lighting the fires of Liberty" and
                  >teaching my Constitution class. Please keep me posted on the results of
                  >this meeting.
                  >
                  > >I'M jIM Walters, the States Rights Laisson of the FSP.
                  > >I live in Lewisville and I wanted to let you know I exist!
                  >
                  >Hello, Jim. With apologies to Renee Descartes, "You exist, therefore you
                  >think", which means that you're one of those smart enough to support the
                  >FSP.
                  >
                  >If anyone would like to get together for coffee and conversation Tues, Wed,
                  >or Thurs of next week (8th,9th,10th), please let me know.
                  >
                  >Lighting the fires of Liberty, one heart at a time!
                  >
                  >Michael Badnarik
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Michael Badnarik
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2005
                    At 01:44 PM 2/25/2005, Gordon Summitt wrote:
                    >Are you going to be in the Dallas area the 8th - 10th? If so, I would love
                    >to get together for lunch or coffee. I'll bet I'm not the only one!
                    >Please let me know and we can set something up.

                    Yes, I am. I live in Grapevine (for the time being), not far from DFW
                    airport. Might I recommend something along Route 114 between Grapevine and
                    Dallas? Anywhere would be fine, I just have limited time for
                    traveling. Let me know where and when.