Activist Alert

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2004
      Badnarik Challenges Election Results
      Blackwell Announces Conference

      We have just received wonderful news, and I want to share it
      with you as soon as possible.

      Multiple citizen activist groups have joined together to
      protest the management of this year's election. Just yesterday,
      Michael Badnarik and David Cobb issued a challenge to the Ohio
      Secretary of State Ken Blackwell. This challenge was headline news
      on Ohio public radio and the Columbus Dispatch.
      See this link:

      http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?
      story=dispatch/2004/11/12/20041112-B1-00.html&rfr=nwsl

      No one thinks this will change the outcome of the election, but
      we are, instead, focusing on the inherent unfairness of our current
      election laws in Ohio. We have received scattered reports of
      intimidation, fraud, and official counting errors. In one precinct,
      Michael Badnarik's name was actually blacked out by election
      workers. Many voters stood in lines for hours.

      We are demanding change. We want votes to be counted promptly
      and fairly in a transparent and easily accountable system. We want
      to end the restriction of only allowing Democrats and Republicans to
      work the polls (independents can not be poll workers in Ohio). We
      demand that the Libertarian Party be recognized for what it truly
      is, a political party. We demand equal and fair ballot access
      requirements for all political parties and independents.

      If you are an Ohio Voter, we encourage you to attend the public
      meetings which has been called for this weekend: Saturday November
      13, 1-4 PM
      New Faith Baptist Church, 955 Oak Street, Columbus, Ohio 43205 and
      Monday November 15, 6-9 PM, Auditorium (Meeting Room A), Courthouse,
      373 S. High St.
      Columbus, OH

      Under this tremendous pressure from citizen activists,
      Secretary of State Ken Blackwell has announced a Post-Election
      Conference on Election Law to recommend necessary changes to the
      legislature. This conference is scheduled for January.

      We urgently need your help to continue the pressure. His phone
      number is:
      614-466-2585 and his email is: election@...

      We are asking that you politely, yet firmly, demand that the
      Libertarian Party be given a seat at Ken Blackwell's Post-Election
      Conference. If you can help us by making a financial contribution,
      the funds will be well spent. This is our contribution link:
      http://www.lpo.org/Contribute/LPOGoals.shtml

      With your help, we will continue to fight for all our rights.

      In Liberty,
      Robert Butler
      Executive Director
      Libertarian Party of Ohio