RE: [FSP_DFW] Bali Moon is Closed- for good

  • Holland Vandennieuwenhof
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      Hey everyone,

      This is Holland, and I have relocate to OKC after the debacle of Bali Moon.  We got shut down on the day we got three and a half stars from the Morning News because we were late on rent and the landlord refused to negotiate.  The free market does have its down side.

      I have been offline for the past couple of months and am just now catching up on the 300 emails I had waiting for me.  I moved to Oklahoma because my step-dad is deploying to Iraq and wants us to take care of his house.  And since we were broke and unemployed, living rent-free for a year was an opportunity we could not pass up.  I now install heat and air with my uncle.  After the headaches of Bali Moon I was seeking the job with the least amount of responsibility possible, so I am happy for now.

      I do miss some things about Texas.  Here in Oklahoma there is a state income tax and sales tax even applies to grocery food.  The city and state governments are even more inept and corrupt than Texas and this is definitely Bush country.  And this is the only state in the union where you could only vote for the dems or republican parties.  No third parties allowed.

      Anyway, this experience has reinforced our desire to move to New Hampshire and now that we will be able to save some money, we may be heading out there sooner than we planned.  Hopefully we will seen y'all out there soon.

      --Holland

      Gordon Summitt <gts3@...> wrote:
      Holland,

      I'm very sorry to hear about the Bali Moon. I enjoyed our time there, and
      was looking forward to visiting again.

      What are your plans now?

         home 469.241.0324
          work 469.357.3339