Re: August Meeting

  • Skip
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
      Two Rows in Addison sounds good to me, but I'll be happy to meet
      anywhere.

      Skip.

      --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, "markandrewc" <groups@m...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any ideas for where they would like to meet?
      > I thought TwoRows in Addison was excellent, but want to know if
      > anyone did not make it because it was too far out of the way.
      >
      > Lets Plan to meet 8/14 (this saturday) from 3-6pm.
      >
      > I will try and have the location settled by Thursday morning.
      >
      > Has anyone heard about what happened with Bali Moon?
    • Robert M. Pritchett
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
        Bummer - meant to try it out but never got to that part of town. Good luck with your next venture.

        Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
        Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
        Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 instead!
        Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits available.
        See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
        We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.
        Open .tif files with C:\Windows\Kodakimg.exe on Windows 98 systems.

        .
        Bali Moon has been closed.  I am moving.  Goodbye.
      • Skip
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
          I'm sorry to hear that Bali Moon is closed. Good luck to you,
          Holland. Are you moving to NH?

          Skip.

          --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Holland Vandennieuwenhof
          <flipthestate@y...> wrote:
          > Hey, this is Holland.
          > Bali Moon has been closed. I am moving. Goodbye.
          >
          > markandrewc <groups@m...> wrote:
          > Does anyone have any ideas for where they would like to meet?
          > I thought TwoRows in Addison was excellent, but want to know if
          > anyone did not make it because it was too far out of the way.
          >
          > Lets Plan to meet 8/14 (this saturday) from 3-6pm.
          >
          > I will try and have the location settled by Thursday morning.
          >
          > Has anyone heard about what happened with Bali Moon?
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • Gold Standard Press
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
            it appears there is nothing left in Texas for this man.  LOL

            NH is much nicer this time of year, that I can promise.   ...but "buyer beware"... this past winter was BRUTAL....  and I was staying in the warmest part of the state.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
              Holland,

              I'm very sorry to hear about the Bali Moon. I enjoyed our time there, and
              was looking forward to visiting again.

              What are your plans now?

              home 469.241.0324
              work 469.357.3339

              >From: Holland Vandennieuwenhof <flipthestate@...>
              >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Bali Moon is Closed- for good
              >Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >Hey, this is Holland.
              >Bali Moon has been closed. I am moving. Goodbye.
              >
              >markandrewc <groups@...> wrote:
              >Does anyone have any ideas for where they would like to meet?
              >I thought TwoRows in Addison was excellent, but want to know if
              >anyone did not make it because it was too far out of the way.
              >
              >Lets Plan to meet 8/14 (this saturday) from 3-6pm.
              >
              >I will try and have the location settled by Thursday morning.
              >
              >Has anyone heard about what happened with Bali Moon?
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              >Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!

            • Holland Vandennieuwenhof
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
                Hey everyone,

                This is Holland, and I have relocate to OKC after the debacle of Bali Moon.  We got shut down on the day we got three and a half stars from the Morning News because we were late on rent and the landlord refused to negotiate.  The free market does have its down side.

                I have been offline for the past couple of months and am just now catching up on the 300 emails I had waiting for me.  I moved to Oklahoma because my step-dad is deploying to Iraq and wants us to take care of his house.  And since we were broke and unemployed, living rent-free for a year was an opportunity we could not pass up.  I now install heat and air with my uncle.  After the headaches of Bali Moon I was seeking the job with the least amount of responsibility possible, so I am happy for now.

                I do miss some things about Texas.  Here in Oklahoma there is a state income tax and sales tax even applies to grocery food.  The city and state governments are even more inept and corrupt than Texas and this is definitely Bush country.  And this is the only state in the union where you could only vote for the dems or republican parties.  No third parties allowed.

                Anyway, this experience has reinforced our desire to move to New Hampshire and now that we will be able to save some money, we may be heading out there sooner than we planned.  Hopefully we will seen y'all out there soon.

                --Holland