Fw: [freetownproject] Re: [mid-atlantic_fsp] Re: A note on the "Chronicle" news story

  • Gold Standard Press
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004

      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 11:24 AM
      Subject: [freetownproject] Re: [mid-atlantic_fsp] Re: A note on the "Chronicle" news story

      Thanks for the reminder that we need to develop our methods of presenting our wonderful story so that a complete strange will at least listen.
      ****************

      Porcupines:

      a picture is worth a thousand words.... the real thing ...such as a Free Town in motion, is worth a thousand pictures.

      In NH.... RIGHT NOW, there is a movement to help jump-start the fsp.

      There is Grafton, NH... which would be considered in this context of "children taunting other children" for some attention, and there is another group, seemingly in the formation stages, which is being motivated as a result of similar reactions to the Grafton group as SpearLib suggests.  They could use your help.  The folks "leading" the Grafton migration are certainly what one would consider "extreme" libertarians... and very overt in their extremities.   The others are in all likelihood equally adherant to the NAP/ZAP but choose to soft-peddle it all, so as not to stir up any silt in the water.

      As the fsp seems to be a bit stagnant of late, this has given many some hope as to the progress picking up again.

      Enjoy.  There is something there for those who love steak...... and may have it any way they choose.

      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 10:50 AM

      Margomaps made some very excellent points. Hamburger is hamburger but there are at least a 1,000 ways of cooking ands serving it. Some people love it in chili but hate it in spaghetti sauce. Why? There is no logical reason nor need there be. Just remember all of use have preferences. Some like a steak with the blood running out on the plate and others want it reduced to charcoal.

      Sometimes I am reminded of children taunting other children when I see Libertarians attempting to get attention but taking outlandish positions. They get attention all right but not what I consider productive. We are all guilty of reacting in ways that turn people off. Especially people who have never even thought about personal liberty verse the all might state.

      Thanks for the reminder that we need to develop our methods of presenting our wonderful story so that a complete strange will at least listen.

      Spear