6/5 Meeting Notes

  • Kat Dillon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2004
      The DFW group has a new leader, Mark Coleman! Also, Skip Abadie has agreed
      to be the local greeter for Texas. Thanks guys!

      We discussed possible publicity stunts:

      Mark suggested some kind of Lose Pounds for Freedom thing where us
      erm..larger porcupines lose weight together for publicity.

      Someone who shall remain anonymous suggested tattooing the FSP logo on our
      posteriors, and/or other more visible body areas.

      In discussing various people who have defended themselves from agression,
      only to get entagled with the law, Trey suggested a Second Amendment award,
      publicly given, in front of newspapers and such, to individuals who refuse to
      become victims. The example he used was the Pizza Butt deliveryman who
      started carrying because of the dangers of the job, and shot a would-be
      robber in self defense, only to be fired from his job because of it.

      Friday June 18th I'll be packing up to move to New Hampshire. Richard has
      kindly agreed to submit the press releases for 'the first DFW mover' story.
      I'll be hosting a moving party/barbecue starting at 6 pm (though people are
      welcome to show up all day if they wish to help me move), and hopefully we'll
      have some reporters there. Mark is going to start his filming of the FSP
      documentary with this move. Bring your guns, it'll make some nice footage!
      I'll send out directions next week.

      It's been a pleasure working with you all, and I'm looking forward to seeing
      you all in New Hampshire!!

      Kat

      =====
      --Free State Project http://www.freestateproject.org/
      ***Omnium rerum principia parva sunt.***

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/