RE: [FSP_DFW] Re: Military Draft - it's official

  • Holland Vandennieuwenhof
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2004
      Actually the draft would be a good thing as it would unleash massive protest and disobedience to the State as it did during the sixties.  Most of the anti war protests were generated by opposition to the draft.  The protestors had a personal interest in the ending of the war.
      The draft, while of course wrong in principle, might just make people take an interest in what their "government" is doing with their tax money.  Massive civil disobedience to the draft would lead to other reforms in the State, hopefully.
      And while I oppose the war, the fact that the State is discrediting itself every week as new revelations of Bush warmongering come to the surface and the fact that it is now absurdly obvious that the Iraqis do not want us there- these things cannot but make me smile at the State's misfortune.

      --Holland

      groups <groups@...> wrote:
      http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&u=/afp/20040420/pl_afp/us_iraq_military_draft&printer=1

      there's a link on drudgereport if this one gets torn up.