Campaign needs

  • Joey Dauben
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2004
      I'll try to be short, but guys, I'm running against an incumbent this year.
      He's a tax-and-spender and I have his voting record, and basically, there's
      a clear-cut line in the sand in this one.

      Election Day is Saturday, May 15.

      Any possible way I could garner some $5, $10, or $20 donations from you
      guys? I'll be down in Austin this Saturday for the meeting, but if there's a
      non-partisan race that would establish some much-needed credibility with the
      libertarian, low-tax movement, this is it!

      Checks can be made out to Joey Dauben for School Board Campaign, and be sent
      to:

      Joey Dauben for School Board
      1408 Red Oak Creek Road
      Ovilla, TX 75154

      Or I could get a little collection hat/plate goin whenever I see you guys
      next.

      I figure that if we keep the donations small and in greater numbers, the
      better off we'd be. It'll cost me $170 to run 1/4 ads in the Midlothian
      Today newspaper, the publication with a libertarian (publicly and
      editorially) editor (who also happens to be a good friend of mine), so if we
      could get ads in the paper starting the first week of April and continuing
      until the week OF the election, that would be great.

      I'm going to win it this year, but it will be a lot of work.

      Also, as far as volunteering efforts go, there will be a need for poll
      watchers from 7:30 p.m. on May 15 till whenever the final votes are made
      public. I simply do not trust the people (whoever they are) counting the
      ballots and stuff, so if possible, a couple of vols to help me on that would
      be great.

      I'm recruiting more high school students for my Campaign Army, so that's
      good; landed two high-profile endorsements just last week: Ferris City
      Councilwoman Lori Perkins and the Taxpayers Alliance for Good Government
      group.

      Perkins is one of MANY elected officials to have thrown their support behind
      me (she's also very cute, which doesn't hurt hehe).

      Alright, well, I'll be hopefully staying in touch with many of you soon; if
      you can't help in monetary or physical ways, that's okay. But we will win
      this year...my name recognition has catapulted since last year, plus I'll
      have a lot of credibility since losing by a 19-vote margin.

      Won't be easy. But hey, when have things ever been easy for a libertarian?
      And hey, how many races can actually be WON by libertarians?!

      Joey Dauben
      for School Board
      http://www.joeydauben.com

      Joey Dauben
      Reporter/Photographer
      The Ellis County Press
      213 W. 6th St.
      Ferris, TX 75125

      Work: 972-544-2369
      Fax: 972-544-8150
      http://www.elliscountypress.com

      Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
      Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx
    • Kat Dillon
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2004
        Joey,

        I'd do this Paypal thing for you, so you can get donations easier, but I
        think I'd need your paypal account and password to do it.

        Here's the URL to sign up to accept donations via paypal, if you want to do
        it.

        http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/donate-intro-outside

        Kat

        --- Joey Dauben <joeydauben@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > be great.
        >
        > I'm recruiting more high school students for my Campaign Army, so that's
        > good; landed two high-profile endorsements just last week: Ferris City
        > Councilwoman Lori Perkins and the Taxpayers Alliance for Good Government
        > group.
        >
        > Perkins is one of MANY elected officials to have thrown their support
        > behind
        > me (she's also very cute, which doesn't hurt hehe).
        >

        > Alright, well, I'll be hopefully staying in touch with many of you soon; if
        >
        > you can't help in monetary or physical ways, that's okay. But we will win
        > this year...my name recognition has catapulted since last year, plus I'll
        > have a lot of credibility since losing by a 19-vote margin.
        >
        > Won't be easy. But hey, when have things ever been easy for a libertarian?
        > And hey, how many races can actually be WON by libertarians?!

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Joey Dauben
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 10, 2004
          I had PayPal up for a day; registered and everything, but my website host
          doesn't support PayPal's cgi server stuff ...yeah, something like that.

          So I dunno what to do now ...grr.

          I'd need a brand new website from a brand new company to be able to get
          PayPal to work.

          Gary Nolan Gear: http://www.cafepress.com/nolan4pres

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 10, 2004

            Joey,

            I bet we could raise a little bit of cash for you at the next meetup in the Dallas Plano area.  I think there are some folks (including myself) there that attend regularly who probably would love to donate to your campaign.

            I'm looking at houses in Allen and Frisco....so it seems I may not be able to go to Atlanta after all (if we do end up buying a home).  I'll have to see what happens, but it looks like we probably will get a house.

            I'll still be at the TX convention though.

            Best of Luck,

            Elle

            Find out what's happening in Dallas: www.dallaslp.50megs.com

            "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
            -George Orwell

            "If you love wealth more than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"
            -Samuel Adams

            >From: "Joey Dauben" >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, RLC_DFW@yahoogroups.com, RLCTX@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Campaign needs >Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:35:43 +0000 >

            Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar � includes FREE pop-up blocking!
          • Kat Dillon
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2004
              You can do it without the button, also. Put up a regular link to paypal
              something like this:

              joeydauben@... (or whatever email address you used for your paypal
              account). Donations over $25 require me to report the name and SSN of the
              donor.

              sentto-9495833-605-1078926201-joeydauben=hotmail.com@...

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 11, 2004

                Joey,

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 11, 2004
                  I tried your link, Joey, but your website doesn't say what email
                  address to send paypal funds to.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 11, 2004
                    I'm guessing it's joeydauben@... -- that's my primary e-mail
                    address.