RE: [FSP_DFW] FSP domain and website: Suggestions?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
      How about:

      NorthTexasFreeStaters.Org
      NorthTexasPrickles.Org
      DFWFreeStaters.Org
      MoveOn.Org (wait, I think that one's taken...)

      What will be the cost on this? Should we pass a hat at the next meeting?

      home 469.241.0324
      work 469.357.3339

      >From: "hilljoem" <hilljoem@...>
      >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FSP_DFW] FSP domain and website: Suggestions?
      >Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:24:29 -0000
      >
      >Group,
      >Mark Coleman has stepped up and volunteered to help me get our website
      >all straightened out. He has much more hosting experience than I do,
      >so I'll bet he'll have this up and going in no time. =)
      >
      >Anyways, we were discussing the options for the website name / domain,
      >and the obvious choice seems to be fspdfw.com and fspdfw.org. We're
      >going to go ahead and register those, but we thought that the group
      >might also want to come up with a more interesting name because that
      >may help create more excitement / awareness around the group's actions
      >and objectives.
      >
      >Any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to
      >brainstorm ideas without checking their availability. If we come up
      >with a theme, I'll be happy to research variations.
      >
      >Thank you,
      >
      >Joseph Hill
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up � fast & reliable Internet access with prime
    • Robert M. Pritchett
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
        Or DontMessWithTexans.org

        Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
        Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
        Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 instead!
        Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits pending.
      • Holland Vandennieuwenhof
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004

          How about dallasporcupines.org or .com?  It is a lot easier to remember and makes the site seem more exciting.  And it may show up on more search engines dealing with Dallas or porcupines.  FSPDFW is a tad boring.

        • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
            And meaningless to those not in the know.  On the other hand, I realize Joe was just tossing that out as an obvious choice.

            Perhaps multiple domains redirected to one main site?  The Porcupine should definitely be included (the Texas Prickle?) but not at the expense of losing attention before we get the hits.

            Bruce

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
              Thanks for broaching the funding question, Trey. I second that motion to
              put the hat in motion.

              Bruce