Re: Meeting Saturday January 10

  • Kat
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
      --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Summitt" <gts3@h...> wrote:

      > Do we want/need an agenda?
      >
      > Trey ~

      I think the best thing we can do right now is to do some recruitment.
      I sent out several letters to pro-liberty groups, but got only one
      reply saying they already knew of the Project. Should we keep trying
      on this track, or perhaps come up with some other ideas in addition to
      this? I kind of like the idea of a publicity stunt, but haven't
      thought up anything extraordinary. Perhaps we can bring ideas to the
      meeting and come up with something to increase our numbers.

      How about handing out literature at this tax evasion trial next week?
      If people are mad enough about it, they might want to listen to a
      possible solution.

      Kat
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
        I like the idea of visiting the trial in Ft Worth.

        Let's talk about it!

        home 469.241.0324
        work 469.357.3339

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
          Just realized that the trial started Monday the 5th, not next Monday. Not
          sure if it's still going on.

          --- Gordon Summitt <gts3@...> wrote:
          > I like the idea of visiting the trial in Ft Worth.
          >
          > Let's talk about it!
          >
          > Trey ~
          >
          > "\\""\"""""\"""\\"""\\""""\""""""\"\""""""\"
          >
          > Gordon T. Summitt III
          > home 469.241.0324
          > work 469.357.3339
          > gts3@...
          > www.Summitt.Org
          >

          > >From: "Kat" <bookish_lass@...>
          > >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Re: Meeting Saturday January 10
          > >Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:20:22 -0000
          > >
          > >--- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Summitt" <gts3@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Do we want/need an agenda?
          > > >
          > > > Trey ~
          > >

          > >I think the best thing we can do right now is to do some recruitment.
          > > I sent out several letters to pro-liberty groups, but got only one
          > >reply saying they already knew of the Project. Should we keep trying
          > >on this track, or perhaps come up with some other ideas in addition to
          > >this? I kind of like the idea of a publicity stunt, but haven't
          > >thought up anything extraordinary. Perhaps we can bring ideas to the
          > >meeting and come up with something to increase our numbers.
          > >
          > >How about handing out literature at this tax evasion trial next week?
          > > If people are mad enough about it, they might want to listen to a
          > >possible solution.
          > >
          > >Kat
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
            Simkanin was convicted on 29 of 31 charges.
            http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/7660301.htm

            --- Gordon Summitt <gts3@...> wrote:
            > I like the idea of visiting the trial in Ft Worth.
            >
            > Let's talk about it!
            >
            > Trey ~
            >
            > "\\""\"""""\"""\\"""\\""""\""""""\"\""""""\"
            >
            > Gordon T. Summitt III
            > home 469.241.0324
            > work 469.357.3339
            > gts3@...
            > www.Summitt.Org
          • takes12no1 COLEMAN
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004

              Thanks for arranging this. I will be there for a short time only..but I will be there.

              Mark Andrew Coleman
              Multimedia Engineer - Intuit
              >From: "Kat" >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Meeting Saturday January 10 >Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:46:09 -0000 >

            • Devera Morgan
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                "The judge told jurors they could not question the constitutionality of the tax code."  ARRRGGGG

                March in line little drone. Do not question the riech. You have no rights. There is no constitution.

                And did I say, ARRRGGGG!!

                Devera Morgan #950
                What's your Porc number? http://www.freestateproject.org

                "America is at that awkward stage, its too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the Bastards!" ~Claire Wolf

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                  This is awful news...

                  If it doesn't already have it, NH will need a fully-informed jury law, and
                  quick!

                  home 469.241.0324
                  work 469.357.3339

                  >From: "Bruce W. Morgan, Jr." <bruce_morgan@...>
                  >To: <FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: RE: [FSP_DFW] Re: Meeting Saturday January 10
                  >Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:47:54 -0600
                  >
                  >Simkanin was convicted on 29 of 31 charges.
                  >http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/7660301.htm

                  providers now. https://broadband.msn.com
                • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                    The New Hampshire House passed HB122 in March 2003, but it was deemd
                    "inexpedient to legislate" by the Senate Judiciary Committee in May 2003.

                    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/index/indexstatus.asp?expbillno=hb0122&txtse
                    ssionyear=2003

                    The text of the bill is here, and is beautiful to behold:

                    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2003/HB0122.html

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                      Excellent! Will the Senate take up the bill in the future, or does the
                      process start over again with the house?

                      home 469.241.0324
                      work 469.357.3339

                      >From: "Bruce W. Morgan, Jr." <bruce_morgan@...>
                      >To: <FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [FSP_DFW] Re: Meeting Saturday January 10
                      >Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:54:27 -0600
                      >
                      >The New Hampshire House passed HB122 in March 2003, but it was deemd
                      >"inexpedient to legislate" by the Senate Judiciary Committee in May 2003.
                      >
                      >http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/index/indexstatus.asp?expbillno=hb0122&txtse
                      >ssionyear=2003
                      >
                      >The text of the bill is here, and is beautiful to behold:
                      >
                      >http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2003/HB0122.html

                      Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access � limited
                      time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
                    • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                        Do any of you Granite Staters know what the process is for re-starting a
                        bill that was killed in a Senate committee?