I need some help ...again

  • Joey Dauben
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
      Everybody:

      The second Waxahachie Junior High "protest" ended successfully today - sort
      of.

      Over 100 parents received Linda Gallegos' flyers and copies of our newspaper
      articles; I was there taking pictures.

      But check this out, after about the 100th parent received their anti-drug
      search propaganda, the Waxahachie ISD security pulled up and told the
      protesters that they were criminal trespassing - this is a PUBLIC school
      district; the protesters, about five-six in all, held signs and passed out
      flyers - that was IT. I was there for most of it, but left just before the
      security got there.

      Great timing.

      Anyway, before Linda's husband could go get his car, the Waxahachie PD was
      called in; the cops told them that they'd be let off this time, but next
      time there would be citations issued for criminal trespassing.

      Now, to the point: Linda Gallegos needs your help now! No money is required,
      nothing like that, but there needs to be more people show up to these things
      in support of her and against this unconstitutional BS.

      Posters can be made, whatever you wanna do, but it would be so good if Linda
      had a support team of about 10 - 12 people out there for her next protest;
      that would show these people that the citizens are fed up.

      Linda wants to keep having these protests until parents start pulling their
      kids out of school.

      I urge you all to highly consider this; The Ellis County Press is the ONLY
      media outlet so far that has printed anything about this thing, and we've
      been doing Waxahachie ISD drug-search coverage for over four weeks now.

      Info: http://www.joeydauben.com

      http://www.joeydauben.com/WJH.htm

      Joey Dauben
      Reporter/Photographer
      The Ellis County Press
      213 W. 6th St.
      Ferris, TX 75125

      Work: 972-544-2369
      Fax: 972-544-8150
      http://www.elliscountypress.com

      Expand your wine savvy � and get some great new recipes � at MSN Wine.
      http://wine.msn.com
    • Austin Marshall
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
        What are they protesting? I gather it has something to do with drugs
        and searches, in which case, I and maybe a few others from my SSDP
        chapter would be interested in getting involved.

        On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 11:08 PM, Joey Dauben wrote:

        > Everybody:
        >
        > The second Waxahachie Junior High "protest" ended successfully today -
        > sort
        > of.
        >
        > Over 100 parents received Linda Gallegos' flyers and copies of our
        > newspaper
        > articles; I was there taking pictures.
        >
        > But check this out, after about the 100th parent received their
        > anti-drug
        > search propaganda, the Waxahachie ISD security pulled up and told the
        > protesters that they were criminal trespassing - this is a PUBLIC
        > school
        > district; the protesters, about five-six in all, held signs and passed
        > out
        > flyers - that was IT. I was there for most of it, but left just before
        > the
        > security got there.
        >
        > Great timing.
        >
        > Anyway, before Linda's husband could go get his car, the Waxahachie PD
        > was
        > called in; the cops told them that they'd be let off this time, but
        > next
        > time there would be citations issued for criminal trespassing.
        >
        > Now, to the point: Linda Gallegos needs your help now! No money is
        > required,
        > nothing like that, but there needs to be more people show up to these
        > things
        > in support of her and against this unconstitutional BS.
        >
        > Posters can be made, whatever you wanna do, but it would be so good if
        > Linda
        > had a support team of about 10 - 12 people out there for her next
        > protest;
        > that would show these people that the citizens are fed up.
        >
        > Linda wants to keep having these protests until parents start pulling
        > their
        > kids out of school.
        >
        > I urge you all to highly consider this; The Ellis County Press is the
        > ONLY
        > media outlet so far that has printed anything about this thing, and
        > we've
        > been doing Waxahachie ISD drug-search coverage for over four weeks now.
        >
        > Info: http://www.joeydauben.com
        >
        > http://www.joeydauben.com/WJH.htm
        >

        > Joey Dauben
        > Reporter/Photographer
        > The Ellis County Press
        > 213 W. 6th St.
        > Ferris, TX 75125
        >
        > Work: 972-544-2369
        > Fax: 972-544-8150
        > http://www.elliscountypress.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joey Dauben
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
          Austin, yeah, it's 100 percent about these drug searches that have been
          going on. The more people Linda can get - young people especially - the
          better the chances are that my TV media friends would come; I had KDFW call
          me the other day, but I wasn't home.

          Ugh, this is just pissing me off, because as a member of the media, we
          DEPEND on the First Amendment.

          I told Linda the next time she should concentrate on having a MARCH. With
          BIGGER signs, BIGGER posters, MORE flyers, etc.

          I'll keep you guys updated.

          AIM: joey75154
          Yahoo: joey_dauben
          Forum: http://www.voy.com/168601