Re: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue

  • Robert M. Pritchett
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
      There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make it if
      it's that close.

      Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
      Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
      Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 instead!
      Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits pending.
      See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
      See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
      We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.
    • Austin Marshall
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
        Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I will
        not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest that
        we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
        chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and I
        feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
        ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. Wasn't
        there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on this
        list?

        On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett wrote:

        > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make
        > it if
        > it's that close.
        >

        > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
        > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
        > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
        > instead!
        > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
        > pending.
        > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
        > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
        > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Lauren Muñoz
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2004
          I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with
          Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike
          the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing.
          Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good
          restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running
          yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin?
          --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall <amars@p...> wrote:
          > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I
          will
          > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest
          that
          > we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
          > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and
          > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
          > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds.
          Wasn't
          > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on
          this
          > list?
          >
          > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett
          wrote:

          > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able
          to make
          > > it if
          > > it's that close.
          > >

          > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
          > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
          > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
          > > instead!
          > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
          > > pending.
          > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
          > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing
          consultants.
          > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax
          advice.

          > > ---------------------~-->
          > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
          Lexmark

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
            Greetings!

            All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local
            establishments.

            As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion):

            1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient
            for the most folks.
            2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our
            meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in
            the middle of a restaurant.
            3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget!
            4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy
            Saturday night. We need to be aware of this.
            5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners
            respect our right to self-defense.
            6) Ownership - Local is better.
            7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up!

            What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places!

            In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first
            Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third
            Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make
            this a lot easier to plan for and promote.

            home 469.241.0324
            work 469.357.3339

          • takes12no1 COLEMAN
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004

              Since at least 2 of us are on Atkins someplace that would be no-carb freindly would be nice. Everything else looks to be on target. I thing I'll make some scouting trips.  I really hope our friends restaurant opens soon.

              Multimedia Engineer - Intuit

              >From: "Gordon Summitt" >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue >Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:43:14 +0000 > >Greetings! > >All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local >establishments. > >As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion): > >1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient >for the most folks. >2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our >meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in >the middle of a restaurant. >3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget! >4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy >Saturday night. We need to be aware of this. >5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners >respect our right to self-defense. >6) Ownership - Local is better. >7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up! > >What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places! > >In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first >Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third >Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make >this a lot easier to plan for and promote. > > >Trey ~ > >"\\""\"""""\"""\\"""\\""""\""""""\"\""""""\" > > Gordon T. Summitt III > home 469.241.0324 > work 469.357.3339 > gts3@... > www.Summitt.Org > > > > > > >From: Lauren Mu�oz > >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Re: Proposal for new meeting venue > >Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:16:01 -0000 > > > >I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with > >Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike > >the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing. > >Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good > >restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running > >yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin? > >--- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall wrote: > > > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I > >will > > > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest > >that > > > we meet at local establishments
              Mark Andrew Coleman
              instead of national/multinational > > > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and > >I > > > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often > > > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. > >Wasn't > > > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on > >this > > > list? > > > > > > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett > >wrote: > > > > > > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able > >to make > > > > it if > > > > it's that close. > > > > > > > > > > > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA > > > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com > > > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 > > > > instead! > > > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits > > > > pending. > > > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening. > > > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing > >consultants. > > > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax > >advice. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > > > ---------------------~--> > > > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or > >Lexmark > > > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US > >& > > > > Canada. > > > > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > > > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > >---- > > > > ~-> > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > To visit your group on the web, go to: > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > >_________________________________________________________________ >There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Learn more. >http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1 > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

              Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
            • Robert M. Pritchett
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
                Mama's Daughter's Diner is just a local chain as far as I know, 5 in the Dallas area, and they advertise an Atkins-compatible item. The food's generally good, varies a bit, and reasonably priced. However, the ones I've been at have no separate area and some have activities scheduled some nights which would be a distraction.

                .