RE: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
      Sounds good to me.

      Kat, are you setting it up?

      home 469.241.0324
      work 469.357.3339

      >From: "Kat" <bookish_lass@...>
      >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue
      >Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:55:45 -0000
      >
      >Spamming the list, here...
      >
      >How about Friday's in Dallas. They supposedly have an Atkin's menu
      >and said they could accomodate large groups. Here's where it is:
      >
      >http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?00215
      >
      >Kat
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
      access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
    • Robert M. Pritchett
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
        There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make it if
        it's that close.

        Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
        Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
        Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 instead!
        Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits pending.
        See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
        See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
        We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.
      • Austin Marshall
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
          Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I will
          not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest that
          we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
          chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and I
          feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
          ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. Wasn't
          there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on this
          list?

          On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett wrote:

          > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make
          > it if
          > it's that close.
          >

          > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
          > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
          > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
          > instead!
          > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
          > pending.
          > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
          > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
          > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.

          > ---------------------~-->
          > Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Lauren Muñoz
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 11, 2004
            I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with
            Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike
            the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing.
            Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good
            restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running
            yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin?
            --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall <amars@p...> wrote:
            > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I
            will
            > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest
            that
            > we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
            > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and
            > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
            > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds.
            Wasn't
            > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on
            this
            > list?
            >
            > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett
            wrote:

            > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able
            to make
            > > it if
            > > it's that close.
            > >

            > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
            > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
            > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
            > > instead!
            > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
            > > pending.
            > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
            > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing
            consultants.
            > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax
            advice.

            > > ---------------------~-->
            > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
            Lexmark

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
              Greetings!

              All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local
              establishments.

              As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion):

              1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient
              for the most folks.
              2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our
              meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in
              the middle of a restaurant.
              3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget!
              4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy
              Saturday night. We need to be aware of this.
              5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners
              respect our right to self-defense.
              6) Ownership - Local is better.
              7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up!

              What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places!

              In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first
              Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third
              Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make
              this a lot easier to plan for and promote.

              home 469.241.0324
              work 469.357.3339

            • takes12no1 COLEMAN
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004

                Since at least 2 of us are on Atkins someplace that would be no-carb freindly would be nice. Everything else looks to be on target. I thing I'll make some scouting trips.  I really hope our friends restaurant opens soon.

                Multimedia Engineer - Intuit

                >From: "Gordon Summitt" >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue >Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:43:14 +0000 > >Greetings! > >All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local >establishments. > >As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion): > >1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient >for the most folks. >2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our >meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in >the middle of a restaurant. >3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget! >4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy >Saturday night. We need to be aware of this. >5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners >respect our right to self-defense. >6) Ownership - Local is better. >7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up! > >What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places! > >In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first >Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third >Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make >this a lot easier to plan for and promote. > > >Trey ~ > >"\\""\"""""\"""\\"""\\""""\""""""\"\""""""\" > > Gordon T. Summitt III > home 469.241.0324 > work 469.357.3339 > gts3@... > www.Summitt.Org > > > > > > >From: Lauren Mu�oz > >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Re: Proposal for new meeting venue > >Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:16:01 -0000 > > > >I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with > >Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike > >the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing. > >Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good > >restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running > >yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin? > >--- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall wrote: > > > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I > >will > > > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest > >that > > > we meet at local establishments
                Mark Andrew Coleman
                instead of national/multinational > > > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and > >I > > > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often > > > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. > >Wasn't > > > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on > >this > > > list? > > > > > > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett > >wrote: > > > > > > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able > >to make > > > > it if > > > > it's that close. > > > > > > > > > > > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA > > > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com > > > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 > > > > instead! > > > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits > > > > pending. > > > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening. > > > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing > >consultants. > > > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax > >advice. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > > > ---------------------~--> > > > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or > >Lexmark > > > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US > >& > > > > Canada. > > > > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > > > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > >---- > > > > ~-> > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > To visit your group on the web, go to: > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > >_________________________________________________________________ >There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Learn more. >http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1 > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

                Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
              • Robert M. Pritchett
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
                  Mama's Daughter's Diner is just a local chain as far as I know, 5 in the Dallas area, and they advertise an Atkins-compatible item. The food's generally good, varies a bit, and reasonably priced. However, the ones I've been at have no separate area and some have activities scheduled some nights which would be a distraction.

                  .