Proposal for new meeting venue

  • Kat
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
      Spamming the list, here...

      How about Friday's in Dallas. They supposedly have an Atkin's menu
      and said they could accomodate large groups. Here's where it is:

      http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?00215

      Kat
    • Joey Dauben
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
        Friday's sounds good to me, but let's continue the trend of having our
        meeting place in or near Dallas.

        Hey, by the way, Kat's column on our last meeting hit the news stands this
        week, and it looks like it will be a regular thing, so Kat, keep them
        coming.

        Oh, and I didn't show up today - if anyone wants to know - because I wasn't
        given an official word as to whether or not we'd meet, so um, yeah, there's
        my excuse :)

        Joey Dauben
        Reporter/Photographer
        The Ellis County Press
        213 W. 6th St.
        Ferris, TX 75125

        Work: 972-544-2369
        Fax: 972-544-8150
        http://www.elliscountypress.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
          Sounds good to me.

          Kat, are you setting it up?

          home 469.241.0324
          work 469.357.3339

          >From: "Kat" <bookish_lass@...>
          >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue
          >Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:55:45 -0000
          >
          >Spamming the list, here...
          >
          >How about Friday's in Dallas. They supposedly have an Atkin's menu
          >and said they could accomodate large groups. Here's where it is:
          >
          >http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgifridays/cgi/site?00215
          >
          >Kat
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >To visit your group on the web, go to:

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
          access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
        • Robert M. Pritchett
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
            There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make it if
            it's that close.

            Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
            Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
            Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 instead!
            Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits pending.
            See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
            See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
            We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.
          • Austin Marshall
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
              Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I will
              not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest that
              we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
              chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and I
              feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
              ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. Wasn't
              there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on this
              list?

              On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett wrote:

              > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able to make
              > it if
              > it's that close.
              >

              > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
              > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
              > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
              > instead!
              > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
              > pending.
              > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
              > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing consultants.
              > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax advice.

              > ---------------------~-->
              > Canada.
              > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Lauren Muñoz
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2004
                I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with
                Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike
                the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing.
                Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good
                restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running
                yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin?
                --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall <amars@p...> wrote:
                > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I
                will
                > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest
                that
                > we meet at local establishments instead of national/multinational
                > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and
                > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often
                > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds.
                Wasn't
                > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on
                this
                > list?
                >
                > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett
                wrote:

                > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able
                to make
                > > it if
                > > it's that close.
                > >

                > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA
                > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com
                > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099
                > > instead!
                > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits
                > > pending.
                > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening.
                > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing
                consultants.
                > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax
                advice.

                > > ---------------------~-->
                > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
                Lexmark

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
                  Greetings!

                  All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local
                  establishments.

                  As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion):

                  1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient
                  for the most folks.
                  2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our
                  meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in
                  the middle of a restaurant.
                  3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget!
                  4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy
                  Saturday night. We need to be aware of this.
                  5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners
                  respect our right to self-defense.
                  6) Ownership - Local is better.
                  7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up!

                  What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places!

                  In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first
                  Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third
                  Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make
                  this a lot easier to plan for and promote.

                  home 469.241.0324
                  work 469.357.3339

                • takes12no1 COLEMAN
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004

                    Since at least 2 of us are on Atkins someplace that would be no-carb freindly would be nice. Everything else looks to be on target. I thing I'll make some scouting trips.  I really hope our friends restaurant opens soon.

                    Multimedia Engineer - Intuit

                    >From: "Gordon Summitt" >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Proposal for new meeting venue >Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:43:14 +0000 > >Greetings! > >All things being equal, I would MUCH rather have our meetings in local >establishments. > >As we look for a new place(s), we need to consider (in my humble opinion): > >1) Location - The uptown area seems to work well as the least inconvenient >for the most folks. >2) Venue - We need a separate room if possible; at least for half of our >meetings (third Saturdays). It will be too hard to conduct a real meeting in >the middle of a restaurant. >3) Cost - Some of us on are a budget! >4) Time - Reserving a room from 3 - 7, we start to encroach on the busy >Saturday night. We need to be aware of this. >5) Politics - Like David, I would rather patronize a place whose owners >respect our right to self-defense. >6) Ownership - Local is better. >7) Coolness - The cooler the better, I gotta an image to keep up! > >What am I missing? OK, all you hip urbanites, start naming the places! > >In my opinion, I think we need two regular places - one for our first >Saturday, more social gatherings, and another for our more formal third >Saturday business meetings. Having regular places at regular times will make >this a lot easier to plan for and promote. > > >Trey ~ > >"\\""\"""""\"""\\"""\\""""\""""""\"\""""""\" > > Gordon T. Summitt III > home 469.241.0324 > work 469.357.3339 > gts3@... > www.Summitt.Org > > > > > > >From: Lauren Mu�oz > >Reply-To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >To: FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com > >Subject: [FSP_DFW] Re: Proposal for new meeting venue > >Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:16:01 -0000 > > > >I was not able to attend this last meeting either, but I am with > >Austin on a change of the type of venue. I (and friends) dislike > >the mass-market feel and food of the chains we've been endorsing. > >Its especially frustruating in light of the multitude of good > >restaurants Dallas has. In case the Indonesian place is not running > >yet, do you have any other suggestions Austin? > >--- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall wrote: > > > Is the next meeting scheduled for this upcoming Saturday? if so, I > >will > > > not be able to make it, but for the future would like to suggest > >that > > > we meet at local establishments
                    Mark Andrew Coleman
                    instead of national/multinational > > > chains. Dallas has so much to offer as far as good food goes and > >I > > > feel better about supporting local, often family owned/run, often > > > ethnic restaurants that are often better on the taste buds. > >Wasn't > > > there talk of an soon-to-be-open indonesian food restaurant on > >this > > > list? > > > > > > On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 01:57 AM, Robert M. Pritchett > >wrote: > > > > > > > There's one in Mesquite next to Razoo's. We might even be able > >to make > > > > it if > > > > it's that close. > > > > > > > > > > > > Robert M. Pritchett - RMP Consulting Partners LLC - member ICCA > > > > Quality means doing it right the first time - http://rmpcp.com > > > > Tired of hearing "W-2 only"? Work the same contract on our 1099 > > > > instead! > > > > Email Apply at our web site above for more info. Group benefits > > > > pending. > > > > See http://rmpcp.com/need-20-sysadmins.html for urgent opening. > > > > See http://www.keen.com/rmpcp for legal/tax issues facing > >consultants. > > > > We are not lawyers/accountants and are not giving legal/tax > >advice. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > > > > ---------------------~--> > > > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or > >Lexmark > > > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US > >& > > > > Canada. > > > > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > > > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8zNplB/TM > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > >---- > > > > ~-> > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > To visit your group on the web, go to: > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > > > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > >_________________________________________________________________ >There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Learn more. >http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1 > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > >To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP_DFW/ > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > FSP_DFW-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

                    Find high-speed �net deals � comparison-shop your local providers here.
                  • Robert M. Pritchett
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 12, 2004
                      Mama's Daughter's Diner is just a local chain as far as I know, 5 in the Dallas area, and they advertise an Atkins-compatible item. The food's generally good, varies a bit, and reasonably priced. However, the ones I've been at have no separate area and some have activities scheduled some nights which would be a distraction.

                      .