FW: RE: [RLC_DFW] BORDC Greater Dallas USA PATRIOT Act Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      I want to make sure that everyone is getting these.

      I plan on getting there before one, and wearing white. Just like I did at my
      wedding. Ha!

      Hope to see you then!

      home 469.241.0324
      work 469.357.3339

      >From: Jay Leib <jcltexas@...>
      >To: RLC_DFW@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [RLC_DFW] BORDC Greater Dallas USA PATRIOT Act Update
      >Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:32:41 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Trey,
      >
      >The only request for supporters of the resolution so
      >far is to wear white clothing. Contact Chip Pitts at
      >metro telephone number 214-906-9424 or
      >chip.pitts@... for more information(calling is
      >likely best). The Dallas city council meeting starts
      >at 9:00 AM and ends whenever it completes business in
      >the afternoon or evening. I guess that folks can show
      >up before 9:00 AM(there are pro-resolution speakers
      >scheduled at 9:00 AM) or anytime before 1:00 PM to
      >witness Chip Pitts' debate with Matthew D. Orwig.
      >Orwig is the U.S. Attorney for Texas' Eastern District
      >and a rather snide Ashcroftian goose stepping
      >character who also debated Chip Pitts on the KERA 90.1
      >radio show last Friday.
      >
      >Folks can register to speak before the city council by
      >contacting the city secretary at 214-670-3738. I have
      >no idea whether the speaking schedule is full or not(I
      >must call myself). One does not need to be a Dallas
      >resident to speak but Dallas residents DO have
      >preference. So we need as many Liberty-lovers from
      >Dallas as possible to advocate passage of the
      >resolution. More details about Dallas city council
      >meetings are accessible at
      >http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/dallas_city_council_faq.html#residence_requirement
      >.
      >
      >We also require that anyone who knows Liberty-minded
      >persons in North Dallas city council districts to urge
      >their city council members to support the resolution.
      >The mayor must get some positive reenforcement for the
      >resolution as well. From a district map at
      >http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/adopted_map.html
      >and conversation with Chip Pitts, that would include
      >these council members(and the mayor, of course):
      >
      >Mayor Laura Miller
      >Dallas City Hall
      >1500 Marilla Street , Room 5EN
      >Dallas, TX 75201-6390
      >Main Phone: (214) 670-4054
      >Fax: (214) 670-0646
      >lmiller@...
      >(send a copy to: Mayor's Chief of Staff, Crayton W.
      >Webb: cwwebb@... ) ;
      >
      >Councilmember Sandy Greyson (District 12)
      >Dallas City Hall
      >1500 Marilla Street , Room 5FN
      >Dallas, TX 75201-6390
      >Main Phone: (214) 670-4067
      >Fax: 214-670-5650
      >sgreyson@... ;
      >
      >Councilmember Leo Chaney (District 7)
      >Dallas City Hall
      >1500 Marilla Street , Room 5FN
      >Dallas, TX 75201-6390
      >Main Phone: (214) 670-4689
      >Fax: (214) 670-1819
      >lchaney@... ;
      >
      >Councilmember Lois G. Finkelman (District 11)
      >Dallas City Hall
      >1500 Marilla Street , Room 5FS
> [...]

      Cell phone �switch� rules are taking effect � find out more here.
      http://special.msn.com/msnbc/consumeradvocate.armx