Re: [FSP_DFW] Fw: [bordcgd] Turning Up the Heat as We Leave Summer Behind

  • elle mccarthy
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hi! I want to introduce myself. My name is Elle McCarthy.
      I'm moving to Dallas in December, and I'm currently the Secretary for the
      Missouri Libertarian Party. I met Joey Dauben online and he suggested I
      join the Dallas FSP Yahoo group for the latest in LP happenings. I'm very
      interested in all FSP and LP events in Dallas. I'm marrying a Texan (the
      reason for my move) so I won't know anyone in Texas, which will give me
      plenty of time to donate to the LP & FSP. Any info anyone can provide will
      be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks!

      Elle

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2003
        Hello, Elle!

        I'm Bruce Morgan, and I live about a half hour east of Dallas.

        Joey may have mispointed you to us here, but I'm sure it was in kindness.
        We are Texans, and we tend to at least be "l"ibertarians. Not to mention
        we're a nice bunch of folks, but, alas, a good many of us on this list are
        actually planning on moving away from Texas in the next few years! I don't
        want to speak for more than just myself, but I'm glad to have you here while
        we are!

        For a better explanation than I could give, why don't you take a look-see at
        the FSP's main website at http://www.freestateproject.org and you'll see
        what I'm talking about.

        Bruce

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joey Dauben
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
          Elle, I'd like to do a story on Joe McCarthy one of these days; I might need
          you for it. And if you have any links or info that generally people wouldn't
          know about, let me know.

          Speaking of the FSP, I think my New Hampshire plans are gonna be put on hold
          for awhile; I'd like to start attending UNT soon. But I still wanna go to
          the meetings, people.

          And if anyone has a copy - or knows how to get a copy - of the U.S.A.
          Patriot Act, please let me know. I'm hopin to get these small towns down
          here in Ellis County to support resolutions opposing it. But I need the
          actual law for references.

          AIM: joey75154
          Yahoo: joey_dauben

          Joey Dauben
          Reporter/Photographer
          The Ellis County Press
          213 W. 6th St.
          Ferris, TX 75125

          Home: 972-617-9537
          Work: 972-544-2369
          Fax: 972-544-8150
          http://www.elliscountypress.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
            > And if anyone has a copy - or knows how to get a copy - of the U.S.A.
            > Patriot Act, please let me know. I'm hopin to get these small towns down
            > here in Ellis County to support resolutions opposing it. But I need the
            > actual law for references.

            More formally known as H.R. 3162, the Uniting and Strengthening America
            by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct
            Terrorism (USA PATRIOT) act can be found online at
            http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c107:4:./temp/~c107UCOkJA:: -- see
            if you can get through the whole thing in one stretch, without vomiting.

            --
            A. D. Hair <austin@...>
            Voice/SMS: +1 214 507-0348
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2003
              Hello all!
              My name is Joy Glatz and I'm the Vice Chair of the Bill of Rights Defense
              Committee of Greater Dallas (BORDCGD). I wanted to forward some info that
              i think would be of interest to the Dallas Porcs and invite all of you to events
              and general monthly meetings.

              To get more information about getting resolutions passed in your area, please
              visit
              http://www.bordcdallas.org
              and the new coalition of BORDCs in Texas
              http://www.texasbordc.org

              You can find a pdf of the Patriot Act at
              http://www.eff.org

              Its about 325 pages long. I still can't get through the table of contents but the
              most troublesome sections are 215, 802, 203,218,206,213, and 412.

              There is a really good document that i recommend anyone who is interested
              in civil liberties and rights to download:

              http://www.bordc.org/Repeal.pdf

              Please mark your calendars for the following events:
              Sept 27th Town Hall Meeting about the Patriot Act and its effects on our civil
              liberties
              Sept 28th BORDCGD General Meeting- open to the public
              Oct 25th Civil Rights Conference (http://www.civilrightsconference.org)

              To get specific details (location and venues), please visit our website at
              http://www.bordcdallas.org

              If you have any questions, please email me at jvglatz@...

              Thanks for listening!
              Joy Glatz

              --- In FSP_DFW@yahoogroups.com, "Joey Dauben" <joeydauben@h...>
              wrote:

              > And if anyone has a copy - or knows how to get a copy - of the U.S.A.
              > Patriot Act, please let me know. I'm hopin to get these small towns down
              > here in Ellis County to support resolutions opposing it. But I need the
              > actual law for references.
              >

              > AIM: joey75154
              > Yahoo: joey_dauben
              >
              > Joey Dauben
              > Reporter/Photographer
              > The Ellis County Press
              > 213 W. 6th St.
              > Ferris, TX 75125

            • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2003
                Does anyone remember the name/contact information for the couple who
                suggested using their father's restaurant as the meeting place this month?
              • Rich M.
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2003
                  I'm normally so good with names. This one's just not leaping out at
                  me. The only thing I got was his first name. I do remember that it was
                  an unusual name. It may have been a name that's more commonly heard as
                  a last name, like Nelson or Jackson or something.
                  I apologize for not remembering his s/o's name at all. Maybe these
                  tidbits will help spark someone else's memory.

                  --Rich--

                  Does anyone remember the name/contact information for the couple who
                  suggested using their father's restaurant as the meeting place this
                  month?

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/