RE: [FSP_DFW] June Git-to-gether

  • Bruce Morgan
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 12, 2003
      According to the FSP page, there were between 200 and 299 Texas signers as of May 9 (http://www.freestateproject.org/member_maps/20030509Pop/20030509Pop.htm.)  As I've stated before, the majority of the signers aren't making use of the internet points of presence for the FSP, or we would be aware of them.

      Aaron, yep, it's Devera M. as it is duly recorded at the courthouse to make our contract a matter of public record.

      Also, we won't be at the June 21 meeting at Razoo's.  The first person there should just let the manager know that y'all are with the DFW FSP Porcupines.  Our plane leaves for Bahstin (Boston, to you Texans) at 8am on Saturday for our trip to the Escape to New Hampshire gig.  I missed the Mis(ery)oulla thing due to some business issues that came up, but I'm not missing this one.  So, why aren't y'all on a plane that day?  Just kidding.  I know what it's like.

      Bruce

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 12, 2003
        Yeah, I hope you have fun getting fondled by the Transportation Security
        Administration screeners.

        I thought about flying to D.C. for my IHS journalism seminar, but man, I
        just don't trust the airlines these days.

        But almost 300 people are FSP-bound? That's pretty good, but yeah, too bad
        they haven't made a presence on the internet.

        Speaking of, you guys should check out this fellow Libertarian. He's a
        coolster, lol, but pretty gross: http://www.joeydauben.com/Diaper.htm

        Joey Dauben
        for School Board
        http://www.joeydauben.com

        Joey Dauben
        Reporter/Photographer
        The Ellis County Press
        213 W. 6th St.
        Ferris, TX 75125

        972-544-2369
        Fax: 972-544-8150
        http://www.elliscountypress.com
        http://www.joeydauben.com

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 13, 2003
          Hey Bruce,

          Thanks for that info.  I had no idea it was that many!

          If I was going to the Escape, I'd be driving, somewhat to see how long it takes, somewhat to just see what it is like past Pennsylvania.  Never been that far East/North.  I did spend some time in NYC over a thanksgiving holliday, which was interesting.  Saw the Macy's parade, the empire state building, but not the statue of Liberty.  Gotta have some reason to go back and visit!

          I do wish I could be there though.  Sounds like a fun, relaxing time with fellow FSP members.

          Aaron

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 13, 2003
            It's 201!

            http://www.freestateproject.org/member_maps/MembersByState_numbers.htm

            home 469.241.0324
            work 469.357.3339

            >From: "Aaron Holding" <kesthesculptor@...>
            >I know for sure:
            >
            >1. myself
            >2. Bruce M.
            >3. Devera (M.?)
            >4. Rich M.
            >5. Kelly S.
            >6. Joey D.
            >and a few others. Total I know of for sure is around 15-20. Other than
            >that, I know Huston has a local group, and there are a dozen or so from
            >Austin. Let's say... 40-50, 40 being slightly more realistic, 50 being
            >optimistic.... But who knows really... Jason may know this answer!
            >
            >Aaron

          • Bruce Morgan
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 13, 2003
              I saw that just before you posted. I have a problem reading *all* the words
              sometimes!

            • Rich M.
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 13, 2003
                And it's over 4,000 overall! Woo hoo!!!