Fwd: Jack Work

  • David Aimone
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
      Ok, I'm new here, and I've been told to ask about Jack Work. What is
      this method? I hope this is a serious question!

      David Aimone

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Doug Coffey
      > Date: February 6, 2006 1:13:53 PM EST
      > To: David Aimone
      > Subject: Re: Jack Work
      >
      > David,
      > Ask the group. Somebody will have the article. I saved
      > it once but only got a part and the photos look like
      > microfiche.

    • Darryl Huffman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2006
        David,

        I did not see the earlier email as I was traveling. What was it about Jack
        Work that you wanted to know? Jack was an innovative model builder who did
        many articles back in the 1950s and 1960s in MR. And then he just
        "disappeared" for decades. After he died about 10 years ago, I discovered
        he had been the curator of the logging museum on Vancouver Island just off
        the coast of British Columbia. Had I known he was there I would have taken
        the time to find him and thank him for his efforts in helping to bring
        craftsmanship to the hobby.

        David, if you post your emails to the main FSM group you will get much more
        response to your questions.

        Darryl Huffman
        12020 Old Seward Highway
        Anchorage, Alaska 99515

        Follow this link for photos of some of my old layouts:

        http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com