Doorst.: Mojiang Coal Railway : China April 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 2:42 AM
    Just received from Mike beard

    With less and less steam in China I find I am becoming more interested in other 'quaint' railway operations. The Mojiang Coal Railway was one of these. A narrow gauge electric railway it has a reputation of being less than friendly to visiting rail fans; this proved to be the case and I was asked to leave the station area within half an hour of arrival. Out on the line though they didn't seem to be worried about me.
    Most of the coal seems to travel in trucks now but the passenger and goods trains were certainly of interest.