Re: [FS32NGModelrail]Daniel & Heisler photo

    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2011
    Woodie:

         I'm not sure if we are talking about the same loco. Do you mean the Schwartzkopff in the attached pictures or the Avonside with the cylinders in V vissible?

               daniel

    From: daniel caso <d.caso@...>
    Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail]Daniel & Heisler photo
    To: "FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com>
    Date: Friday, May 13, 2011, 2:43 PM

    Wpoodie: do you mean the Avonside loco? I would love to see that modelled!!!

                  Daniel

    From: daniel caso <d.caso@...>
    Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Porter catalog
    To: "FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com" <FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com>
    Date: Friday, May 13, 2011, 11:51 AM

    Hi all:

         May be you already know it but just in case here a complete Porter catalog. It is NOT the same I posted some time ago that was about replacement parts, etc.

       It was posted by our fellow Geoff  to the 0n30 Conspiracy.

                     Daniel

  • Ola Sjöblom
    Message 2 of 11 , May 14, 2011

      There was an article with some photos in the Gazette many years ago of a 0n3 model
      made by Bob Brown. Unfortunatly my magazines are in storage and unavailable for the
      moment so I can not give you the year and month of the magazine, but it was many
      years ago probably sometime between 1986 and 2000. Maybe someone else are able
      to help you search.

      Ola

      Message 3 of 11 , May 14, 2011
        Ola:

             Thank you.  Just I don't have access to a collection of the Gazette.

                                  Daniel

        Daniel-do you remember the Internal Combustion Heisler photo? I can't find it and am finally ready to build a model. If you don't remember this one, I will do a "freelance" version...
                             Woodie

             May be you already know it but just in case here a complete Porter catalog. It is NOT the same I posted some time ago that was about replacement parts, etc.

           It was posted by our fellow Geoff  to the 0n30 Conspiracy.

                         Daniel

      • Vince Bradley
        Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2011
          Daniel,
          there is a picture or two in the Heisler Book which I have somewhere
          around here.
          If you can't find it I will look.
          Vincent
          Message 5 of 11 , May 15, 2011
            Vincent:

                Thank you. No, I have no access to the gazette collection so if you could post or send the image/s would be great.

            But : I continued to call it "Heisler"because Woodie mentioned it so, but it is still not clear to me if he was talking about the Avonside/Hunslet or about the Schwartzkopff locos.

            Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2011
              The little loco that I want to build looks like a small end cab diesel with Heisler trucks. Of course, I may build it with a center cab. Still a bit away from starting it however. Thanks for all the info.
                                    Woodie

              Message 7 of 11 , May 16, 2011
                Woodie:

                        Is it not the one on page 26 of the Locomotives International article what you are looking for?

                                        Daniel