Doorst.: [9mill_modellers] 3D printing

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2011

      3 D printing

      Posted by: "sooty6029" derick.cullen@yahoo..com   sooty6029

      Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 pm (PDT)

      G'day All 3-D printing as a modeling tool? I heard this program on ABS radio national.http://www.abc. net.au/rn/ futuretense/ stories/2011/ 3194762.htm# transcript It seems to me that this technology is made for modeling Australian prototype bits and pieces in 7mm…. small batches. The transcript puts some more shape on the "Rapid Prototyping" info presented to the BDO last October. Be sure to check out the links in the transcript, for example the MakerBot site. With the $A at 109-110 to $US, a Thingomatic at $US1299 looks like a proposition. Regards Sooty
      Yahoo! Groups
      .
    • tinplate
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2011

        When 3D printing breaks through into the domestic market it will certainly transform scratch building of all types of models. 3D printers and laser cutters are now available for educational establishments, so it is only a matter of time.

        There will then be a market for 3D 'pictures' that can be 'printed' out so I suggest all you 3D CAD experts start storing away those designs.