Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Link 'n Pins Couplers

  • smn03@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2011
      Woodie,

      Actually at several times the Alexander L&P couplers were not in production  or hard to get before being "picked up" by Tomar Industries. Mine were on back order for some time before I told the shop to stop. Nice to see them around again.

      Mike Hobbs
      Bakersfield, CA

      In a message dated 4/3/2011 7:57:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mogollonry@... writes:

      Brian-thanks for the info about Alexander L&P couplers. Alas, it is way too late for me. When I got into 35n2, I wanted to use them but was told, by "wiser" store owners and others, that they were long gone. So, I made my own...for all 30 something cars I now have and don't feel like converting them nor suffering the cost. What have I learned? The lesson is to not listen to any "wise......" any more. Well, at least my couplers do the job and when you actually operate a layout, that's all that matters.
                           Woodie

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2011

        Guys

        Jerry Kitts who, I understand, is on this group produces a wonderful link and pin coupler in 1:48.

        It may just be the thing if you want a smaller one in 1:35.

        I have several and they work wonderfully. Oh yes, they are in a very hard plastic.

        Regards

        Russell

        > You could try contacting Coronado Scale Models in Phoenix, Arizona
        > (advertised in Narrow Gauge & Shortline GAZETTE).
        >
        > Wayde
        >
        > Sent from my iPad

        > -----
        > No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

      • Vince Bradley
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2011

          I have used the Alexander and the Grant Line ones and found both work very well but in the end went back to Kaydees (#5).  The Grant Line are Delrin and I doubt you could break them.  There are several people who pull 30 cars with them in On3.

          Vincent Bradley

          > You could try contacting Coronado Scale Models in Phoenix, Arizona
          > (advertised in Narrow Gauge & Shortline GAZETTE).
          >
          > Wayde
          >
          > Sent from my iPad

          > -----
          > No virus found in this message.

          No virus found in this message.

        • James Sullivan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2011
            --- On Mon, 4/4/11, Russell J Postlewaight wrote:

            "Jerry Kitts who...produces a wonderful link and pin coupler in 1:48.
            It may just be the thing if you want a smaller one in 1:35."

            I use these on my Chisos Mining Tram equipment. They are superb.

            You can find them at Foothill Model Works. Jerry is a modeler himself and knows what we're talking about.

            Here's the link...scroll to near the bottom of the page.

            http://www.foothillmodelworks.com/DetailPt.html

            I have no connection to the company - just a satisfied customer.

            James Sullivan