Hudson skips and chassis

  • davidhendersonginone
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 11:17 AM
      D'day

      Daniel C. has been helping me with the planning of my first 1:35 layout, a micro.

      I sent him a photo of a Hudson Skip that a friend of mine made up for me by 3D printing. Daniel is interested in the skips and suggested that others in this group may also be.

      I have posted the image in the photo section. The wheels are Kadee, but the axle boxes take most needle point axles. They can be supplied with or without the skip & supports.

      Prices are very reasonable, alterations to dimensions should not be a problem. However, the more volume per item, the more expense!

      If anybody is interested, contact me for prices and availability.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2 2:00 AM
        David:

              Great that you posted that here!

             Could you give us the prices of both, the complete skip and the frame only (without the skip and it's supports). ?
             Please: specify if the prices includes wheels or not.

            And if possible, could you post a couple more pictures of the skip so we can see more detail?

           Thank you.

                                Daniel

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 8:06 AM

          Hi everybody,

          for everyone who expressed an interest in the 3D printed skip, here are the details:

          The chassis are £5

          The wheels are £1 per axle

          The skip is £5 per unit

          Hope that makes sense. All at 1:35. Other scales can easily be printed. B-)

          For all contact Tom on - tebeeb@...

          Thanks, David

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 8:47 AM

            David:

                 Could you post some picturesd of the complete thing where we can see clearly sides and ends?

                 Thank you.

                         Daniel

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7 9:11 AM
              David:

                        Here a tip: the Skips were made in a range of sizes. It would be nice if you could get at least the V skip in at least two sizes.
                        Not sure, but I think that an 1/35 and a 1/32 versions would work well as variation for both scales.

                            Daniel

              for everyone who expressed an interest in the 3D printed skip, here are the details:
              The chassis are £5
              The wheels are £1 per axle
              The skip is £5 per unit
              Hope that makes sense. All at 1:35. Other scales can easily be printed. B-)
              For all contact Tom on - tebeeb@...
              Thanks, David

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "davidhendersonginone" <davidhendersonginone@...> wrote:

              > D'day
              >
              > Daniel C. has been helping me with the planning of my first 1:35 layout, a micro.
              >
              > I sent him a photo of a Hudson Skip that a friend of mine made up for me by 3D printing. Daniel is interested in the skips and suggested that others in this group may also be.
              >
              > I have posted the image in the photo section. The wheels are Kadee, but the axle boxes take most needle point axles. They can be supplied with or without the skip & supports.
              >
              > Prices are very reasonable, alterations to dimensions should not be a problem. However, the more volume per item, the more expense!
              >
              > If anybody is interested, contact me for prices and availability.
              >
              > Thanks

            • davidhendersonginone
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7 11:24 PM

                Hello everyone,

                The skip in the photo is the original "prototype" to test the fitting of the wheels and the skip movement. Also the rivets did not show as well as we hoped. The up-graded unit will arrive in a week, or so, and I will take and post some new photo's then.

                Size; as these items are produced to order, the file size can be adjusted as much as you like. A 1:1 version would theoretically be possible - the printer will not take anything greater than A4 (210 x 297mm) tho!

                So if you want a 1:32, 1:55 (5.5mm ?), 1/2 inch, etc, no problem! He currently has a range of 009, 5.5mm test pieces available, and can adjust the files to any scale (sic).

                Lead time is at least 2 weeks, depending on volume of items ordered, to match production volumes.

                Hope this helps. Conntact Tom, for prices on size variations.

                David :D