Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Caso combine

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2011
      Howdy. I just sent 2 new photos to the Caso Coach album showing the new Caso combine out on a "passenger run". The combine kit was a Christmas present and will surely add another operational dimension to the Mogollon Railway's normal ore train runs.
      For those Garratt lovers, the locomotive is a faithful copy of the only US made Garratt, Glover Locomotive Works in Marietta, Georiga built her in 1923. CN ICU812 was built without proper Garratt authorization for the Loco Gato Minerales Co. in Mexico and then became MRy #4.
      My thanks to Daniel and my friend Bill for the wonderful gift, now I will have to build the coach I recieved with the combine. Life is great along the Gila Rim in New Mexico.
                               Woodie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011

        Woodie:

                   May be you don't know but that is a privilege. That combine was the pilot model that I expecterd would replace the one we were offering at FCALV. I designed for it a sliding door mechanism but since never built one don't know if it works properly. Would like to know. Mainly because several correections were done by mail, just talking about it with the cutters.
                   Anyway it looks pretty good. Not as big (long) as I was afraid it would.
                  I like also that green!

                   Thank you for sharing and have fun with the coach!!!.

                  Daniel

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011
          Daniel-yes, the doors work well, I haven't attached the body to the underframe yet since I need to build some folks for the interior and put some stuff in the baggage area. More to do, but the car sees service now and I am very happy with it. It's a great kit. The coach will come along in a while, I have some paying jobs to get done now. Thanks for the kind words.