MAV 377 Locomotive: HELP!

  • Emil
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
      ...I'm looking for plans of this lok. If any of you have, or know a source for, workable drawings with dimensions of this little Hungarian work-horse I would be most appreciative.

      And yes, I want to scratch build a 1/32 model before I get too old ~!
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011

        Emil:

              A little search in the net gave the following links (but there is a lot moire if you look for

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
          Emil:

             Sorry, my message jumped before i finished it.

             I've found all those links searching for Hungarian narrow gauge in internet. (I know the MAV 377 is not n.g.)

                         Daniel

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
            Thank you , Daniel. I too found most of the same sites via the common search. Unfortunately, drawings have eluded me. The Hungarian language site does have some deminsions, however. I may be able to construct my own drawings from that using the pics as a guide.
            My primary concern is locating suitable 1/32 scale drivers on a properly spaced motor.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2011
              Emil:

                    I remember a couple of years ago being a member of a yahoo group dedicated to H0e where the central figure seemed (to me) to be a welknown Austrian professional modeller.
              I remember he took all time to answer all my questions and my impression was he was really well documented about all isues related to railway modelling in the Austrian/Hongarian region.
                    May be you know the group or you can do a litrtle search. I have the idea that if that guy can't provide drawings he may know who.
                    Just a hint.

                    Good luck at both, finding the drawings and finding the drivers.

                                                          Daniel

              Thank you , Daniel. I too found most of the same sites via the common search. Unfortunately, drawings have eluded me. The Hungarian language site does have some deminsions, however. I may be able to construct my own drawings from that using the pics as a guide.
              My primary concern is locating suitable 1/32 scale drivers on a properly spaced motor.

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

              > Emil:
              >
              >    Sorry, my message jumped before i finished it.
              >
              >    I've found all those links searching for Hungarian narrow gauge in internet. (I know the MAV 377 is not n.g.)
              >
              >                Daniel

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2011
                [FS32NGModelrail] Re: MAV 377 Locomotive: HELP!
                What diameter do the drivers need to be?

                Brian Millar

                Qld.Aust.

                Thank you , Daniel.   I too found most of the same sites via the common search.  Unfortunately, drawings have eluded me.  The Hungarian language site does have some deminsions, however.  I may be able to construct my own drawings from that using the pics as a guide.
                My primary concern is locating suitable 1/32 scale drivers on a properly spaced motor.

                --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

                > Emil:
                >

                >    Sorry, my message jumped before i finished
                it.

                >    I've found all those links searching
                for Hungarian narrow gauge in internet. (I know the MAV 377 is not n.g.)

                               Daniel

                > --- On Wed, 1/5/11, Emil <jmueller@...>
                wrote:

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    FS32NGModelrail-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    FS32NGModelrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                No virus found in this message.

              • briancad@xtra.co.nz
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2011
                  Assorted plans and info here:

                  http://caiferate.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=360

                  -Brian McKenzie

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2011
                    Gentlemen( both Brians! )

                    The information provided is a boon. Though I lack end drawings, the side view gives adiquate liniar deminsions, and I can enlarge the images to 1/32 with ease( drawing appears to scale out to 1/35 ).

                    The drivers scale out to a bit under one & 3/4 inches. I am fooling around with the idea of using the motor and running gear of a Marklin T3; assuming the wheel spacings are equal. ( Finding one is another challenge.)

                    I'm humbled by the prompt response to of the members here. Thanks

                    In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "briancad@..." <brianCAD@...> wrote:

                    > Assorted plans and info here:
                    >
                    > http://caiferate.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=360
                    >
                    > -Brian McKenzie

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 6, 2011
                      [FS32NGModelrail] Re: MAV 377 Locomotive: HELP!
                      Emil,

                      S9854/08 4

                      ’-6” 14 Spk O/C Dr. Wheel (3 axles 6 wheels+cranks) (Class 08) BR
                      £61.17£73.40
                      These wheels are a fraction over 1.75" dia and that is for an entire set.

                      Brian Millar

                      Qld.Aust.

                      The information provided is a boon.   Though I lack end drawings, the side view gives adiquate liniar deminsions, and I can enlarge the images to 1/32 with ease(  drawing appears to scale out to 1/35 ).

                      The drivers scale out to a bit under one & 3/4 inches.  I am fooling around with the idea of using the motor and running gear of a Marklin T3; assuming the wheel spacings are equal.  ( Finding one is another challenge.)

                      I'm humbled by the prompt response to of the members here.  Thanks

                       In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "briancad@..." <brianCAD@...> wrote:

                      > Assorted plans and info here:

                      href="http://caiferate.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=360">http://caiferate.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=360

                      -Brian McKenzie