Mike South's trains

  • Mike South
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2010
      > Hi,
      >
      > You may recall that Mike South passed away in August 2009. I am
      > only now investigating how I can dispose of his beloved train
      > collection. He had mentioned that maybe someone in this group might
      > be interested in some of his collection, or know other people who
      > would be. I would be more that willing to pay a commission to
      > anyone who can facilitate any sales. At this point in time I have
      > to admit that I am not even sure exactly what I have. Mike's lists
      > are all on his old computer and I cannot e-mail from that computer,
      > or even print at the moment, but I do have someone trying to
      > download the material on to an external hard drive and convert it
      > into a format compatible with our current computer, so it is
      > possible that I may be able to access some relevant information,
      > always supposing I know what I am looking for!
      >
      > Please let me know if you might be interested, or if you have any
      > helpful suggestions. I can be contacted at janesouth@... or by
      > replying to this e-mail which I am sending from Mike's old account.
      >
      > Here in Calgary it is very snowy so I wish you a Merry Christmas.
      >
      > Yours sincerely,
      >
      > Jane South

    • lockeddrive
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
        Hello Mrs South

        Sorry to hear about Mike's passing.

        Do you still have any loco's for sale, I'm particularly interested in the WW1 petrol/mechanical loco.

        Please advise in due course.

        Cheers

        Claus

        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Mike South <mikesouth@...> wrote:

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > You may recall that Mike South passed away in August 2009. I am
        > > only now investigating how I can dispose of his beloved train
        > > collection. He had mentioned that maybe someone in this group might
        > > be interested in some of his collection, or know other people who
        > > would be. I would be more that willing to pay a commission to
        > > anyone who can facilitate any sales. At this point in time I have
        > > to admit that I am not even sure exactly what I have. Mike's lists
        > > are all on his old computer and I cannot e-mail from that computer,
        > > or even print at the moment, but I do have someone trying to
        > > download the material on to an external hard drive and convert it
        > > into a format compatible with our current computer, so it is
        > > possible that I may be able to access some relevant information,
        > > always supposing I know what I am looking for!
        > >
        > > Please let me know if you might be interested, or if you have any
        > > helpful suggestions. I can be contacted at janesouth@... or by
        > > replying to this e-mail which I am sending from Mike's old account.
        > >
        > > Here in Calgary it is very snowy so I wish you a Merry Christmas.
        > >
        > > Yours sincerely,
        > >
        > > Jane South

      • Emil
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
          Dear Jane,

          I'm sure you've received a few responses from members, but if not you may contact me and I'll post in your behalf; without commission of course( Mike was well thought of here ).
          When you are able to put together a list; even partial to get things going for you, mail it to me and I'll post it here and elsewhere with instuctions for direct response to you.

          Sincerely,
          Jack Mueller / jmueller@...