Fw: [7mm NGA] Welsh Highland Completed

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010

      Its happened at last! On Saturday the first official passenger train travelled the whole length of the Welsh Highland Railway, and over the latest stretch to be finished, through the town of Porthmadog. This section includes the flat crossing over Network Rail's Cambrian line, and the street tramway section along Porthmadog's main street, to reach the Festiniog Railway's Harbour Station.

      Here are some video extracts filmed from the train (it was a dull grey day) http://www.youtube.com/user/Festshopman#p/u/0/NV8wStMtWtQ

      And here is a brief BBC news item http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11658206

      Motive power was one of the WHR fleet of South African Garratts, NGG16 No.138.

      Dave.T

    • henrik laurell

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
          #:-)

              -------------

          Well, last day in Amsterdam.
          Tomorrow morning I'll be departing from home at 7 .

          I will stay awake the whole night so to sleep at least a good part of the flight.

          I didn't know; there is a special bus crossing the city collecting people going to the airport...and is starts 100m from my house, just crossing the channel.
          I will call and ask if they stop also at the third floor...Who knows?

          I am already feeling very strange...but I won't fight it or try to stop or control it. I will do my best to stay an my observation post and feel the stream passing by.

          It is really very strange: forgotten regions of my mind and soul are suddently becoming active...

          I can smell the odor of Buenos Aires at certain moments, hear in my mind forgotten music and so on. I say to myself; let it go, that is all past. I won't spoil my new days loosing my time recalling what has been. I ant to feel how is today, how will tomorrow be and so on.
          Thanks God for Shaphiro and Vipassanna!

          Have a good day CV!

                                                     Daniel

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
              Oops!

              My apologies for that!
              I thought I was answering one of your private mails.